APIs & Integrations

andrith
Membro

Hubspot eCommerce bridge

resolver

Hi fellow Hubspotters!

I'm integrating a webshop with Hubspot and was planning on using the eCommerce bridge to do so. When reading about the eCommerce bridge in the docs it says that the API is in development and it points you to the legacy docs for the latest stable version: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/marketing/ecomm-bridge

My question is: If I develop a integration now using the legacy eCommerce bridge will that integration be deprecated in a few months time?

Should I be using the CRM API directly instead?

What the integration will be doing:

• Syncing product data from webshop to hubspot
  • Syncing customer data from webshop to hubspot
  • Syncing finished orders from webshop to hubspot as deals
  • Syncing customers baskets from webshop to hubspot as a custom property on the customer

All of the above require that we can save custom properties to every entity. We have thousands of products and customers so I thought the eCommerce bridge would be the best fit. 

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
acurtwright
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hubspot eCommerce bridge

resolver

Hi Andrith!

There aren't any plans to deprecate the eCommerce Bridge for the forseeable future. We have a significant amount of customers and App Partners that rely on the existing infrastructure, and deprecating one of our most highly trafficked APIs would be highly impractical. I agree that it sounds like the best fit for your use case; you should be fine building an app on the current version of the API.

Exibir solução no post original

1 Resposta 1
acurtwright
Solução
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hubspot eCommerce bridge

resolver

Hi Andrith!

There aren't any plans to deprecate the eCommerce Bridge for the forseeable future. We have a significant amount of customers and App Partners that rely on the existing infrastructure, and deprecating one of our most highly trafficked APIs would be highly impractical. I agree that it sounds like the best fit for your use case; you should be fine building an app on the current version of the API.