APIs & Integrations

ashetech

Hubspot app that connects to Shopify store

SOLVE

We're trying to create something similar to https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/8858241/marketplace/apps/productivity/workflow-automation/handwryt... where our clients in Hubspot will click a button on a card on right sidebar of contact page (installed as a Hubspot app) which then redirects them to an iFrame that opens a 3rd party website within that iFrame. Then that 3rd party website is able to pull info about the contact in that 3rd party ecommerce website (e.g. get a particular contacts email/phone/shipping address).

Question is does Hubspot apps only allow the redirect URL to open within an iFrame within hubspot?? Can we do it so it goes to the 3rd party side outside Hubspot?

The 3rd party e-commerce site we have is Shopify and I suspect shopify doesnt allow being used in an iFrame elsewhere so trying to find a solution for this.

Can Zapier be used this in some way?

Any help would be appreciated!!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DanielSanchez
Solution
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ashetech ,

Unfortunately I never worked with e-commerce integration, but I think it would be a matter to do with Shopify. Whether they allow their sites to be opened in IFRAME within another site.

Perhaps because they are stores with transactions, it will not be possible, but interpreted as a request to be seen on Shopify, as I do not know whether Shopify allows this or not.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards! 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
DanielSanchez
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ashetech ,

Unfortunately I never worked with e-commerce integration, but I think it would be a matter to do with Shopify. Whether they allow their sites to be opened in IFRAME within another site.

Perhaps because they are stores with transactions, it will not be possible, but interpreted as a request to be seen on Shopify, as I do not know whether Shopify allows this or not.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards! 🙂

ashetech

SOLVE

@DanielSanchez you're most likely right. Shopify did confirm to me they currently Do NOT allow a shopify store to be used in an iFrame in a 3rd party web portal (in this case Hubspot).

Thanks!

As a follow up question, I understand that the limitation of using the app, that would in turn redirect the Hubspot user to the 3rd party website in an iFrame is related to using the Custom CRM Card API https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/extensions/custom-cards

However I beleive apps can be created using other APIs too. One of our goals is to (after proper authorization using OAuth), redirect the HS user into the redirect URL where we want to get the contacts of the HS user into our 3rd party app (in this case Shopify). Can you recommend which API can be used for this purpose? This doesnt need to be contact specific like the Custom CRM card. In other words we'll be getting the entire contact list not just one contact.

Thanks for your help. 

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @ashetech ,

For getting all of your contacts, you would reach for this API

After that, I would recommend looking into webhooks to get additional contacts.

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@DanielSanchez , have you worked with Shopify?  If so, could take a look at this?

0 Upvotes
ashetech

SOLVE

Hello @John 

Would appreicate if you can offer some insight?
Thx!

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @ashetech 

Welcome to the Community. 

That is a lot to unpack!

I know @John has some shopify skills so going to throw him to the wolves here 😀