APIs & Integrations

Saikumar12

Hubspot User experience

SOLVE

What is the User experience from hubspot when user reaching API rate limit of Hubspot

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Teun
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Hubspot User experience

SOLVE

Hi @Saikumar12 ,

This will be the response for whatever is making the call to the HubSpot API. So if you have a script that is making a call, the response to that script would be the above body. How it is shown in the browser depends on how you handle the response.
If you have a script that runs in the client (browser), you can inspect the page and check the network tab to inspect the call and also the response.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Teun
Solution

Hubspot User experience

SOLVE

Hi @Saikumar12 ,

This will be the response for whatever is making the call to the HubSpot API. So if you have a script that is making a call, the response to that script would be the above body. How it is shown in the browser depends on how you handle the response.
If you have a script that runs in the client (browser), you can inspect the page and check the network tab to inspect the call and also the response.

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

Teun

Hubspot User experience

SOLVE

Hi  @Saikumar12 , 

You can check this documentation, it states the following:

Any app or integration exceeding its rate limits will receive a 429 error response for all subsequent API calls. Requests resulting in an error response shouldn’t exceed 5% of your total daily requests. If you plan on listing your app in our App Marketplace, it must stay under this 5% limit to be certified.

the 429 response will have the following format:

//Example
{
  "status": "error",
  "message": "You have reached your daily limit.",
  "errorType": "RATE_LIMIT",
  "correlationId": "c033cdaa-2c40-4a64-ae48-b4cec88dad24",
  "policyName": "DAILY",
  "requestId": "3d3e35b7-0dae-4b9f-a6e3-9c230cbcf8dd"
}

The message and policyName will indicate which limit you hit (either daily or secondly).

The daily limit resets at midnight based on your time zone setting.

0 Upvotes
Saikumar12

Hubspot User experience

SOLVE

Hi @Teun the example you have given displays in the browser window or console?

0 Upvotes