APIs & Integrations

SBamford

Hubspot Tracker and SquareSpace Commerce

Hello,

First time posting here!

I am currently building out a website and form system in squarespace and am using Hubspot to create my forms as well as keep most of my information there to make automated responses and such. I am currently selling videos/ information on squarespace and plan on using its Commerce option to set up a shop using one of the methods (Paypal, Stripe, Square, etc) But what i want to know is if i set up the hubspot tracker into the page which has the commerce option will it save the information (first name last name etc) so that I can know when someone has been paid in hubspot? Or is this not possible.

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Tna01

HubSpot Tracker and Squarespace Commerce are two distinct tools that serve different purposes within the realm of digital marketing and website management.

HubSpot Tracker: HubSpot Tracker is a feature provided by HubSpot, a popular customer relationship management (CRM) platform. The tracker allows you to monitor and track interactions that visitors have with your website. It provides insights into user behavior, helping you understand how visitors engage with your content, which pages they visit, and how long they stay on your site. This information can be crucial for refining your marketing strategies, optimizing your website's user experience, and tailoring your content to better meet your audience's needs. The HubSpot Tracker is part of HubSpot's broader suite of tools designed to help businesses attract, engage, and delight customers.

Squarespace Commerce: Squarespace Commerce is a feature offered by Squarespace, a website-building platform. Squarespace Commerce focuses on providing tools to create and manage an online store. It enables you to set up e-commerce functionality on your Squarespace website, allowing you to showcase products, manage inventory, process payments, and handle orders. Squarespace Commerce is ideal for businesses looking to sell physical or digital products online. It provides templates designed specifically for e-commerce, making it easier to create a visually appealing and functional online store without extensive coding knowledge.

In summary, while HubSpot Tracker helps you analyze visitor interactions on your website for marketing insights, Squarespace Commerce is a tool that facilitates the creation and management of an online store, allowing you to sell products through your Squarespace website.

0 Upvotes
erod
Contributor

Thanks, @dennisedson , 

I don't use SquareSpace but in my experience using other platforms like Shopify, the Hubspot tracking code will not save information from third-party payment apps. If Squarespace makes this data available to you within their platform, you could probably set up an API though that seems like a heavy lift for something like this. 

Edgar

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@SBamford ,

With most external forms, I would say you are ok, but introducing the payment aspect makes me wonder.  When you are in the checkout process, are you still on your site or are you brought to a paypal/stripe page to complete the details? 🤔

@erod  👋  Have you ever implemented something similar?

Here is an article for more details on external forms.  Good luck!

0 Upvotes