APIs & Integrations

AFlury
Participant

Hubspot Quickbooks Integration - Add Invoices via API

Due to our internal billing process we have to create invoices in Quickbooks and cannot create them via Hubspot.

The Hubspot Quickbooks Integration allows adding existing invoices manually

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/use-hubspots-integration-with-quickbooks#add-an-existing-...

As we have 1000+ existing invoices we are looking for a way to automate this through an API. Is this possible.

Using Google Chrome Developer tools we noticed the following API call when adding an invoice manually through Hubspot

https://api-eu1.hubspot.com/accountingextension/v3/invoice/links?portalId=1234567&clienttimeout=1400...

with the following payload:
{"objectType":"COMPANY","objectId":"123456789","invoiceIds":["1234"]}

As this is probably the "internal" API the Hubspot UI uses to communicate with Hubspot, we could not find a way to call this API through our backend. Is there something similar available in the public Hubspot API?

4 Replies 4
rbharris1
Contributor

@Jaycee_Lewis Has there been any progress in adding this access to invoice objects via the public API? I have almost the exact same situation as @AFlury. I would love to be able to use the public API to associate an invoice with a Deal record in HS. I know I can do it manually, but I have thousands of invoices that need to be linked to deals, so the manual option is, in effect, not an option. 

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @AFlury To confirm, you are not missing an option. HubSpot provided an endpoint for the Accounting Extension, but it is in the sunset process now and inaccessible for new use or development. Here is the documentation:

It's not my favorite answer to give, and I do not want you wasting resources searching for an option that isn't available. 

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
AFlury
Participant

Thx @Jaycee_Lewis Does this mean that the Hubspot Quickbooks Integration will be sunseted as well? Looks like the integration is actually based on the Accounting extension.

Regards

Andy

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

No, the HubSpot created extension will continue to be supported. It is only external apps and integrations. Apologies for any confusion.

To clarify, there is not a documented method to bulk update Quickbooks Invoices outside the documentation you linked to.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes