Hubspot Contact Activity screen Email Clicks not matching API results

SOLVE
CTo
Member

I am currently using email event version 1 API to get email clicks, open and delivered events within a certain time frame.  I am getting back from the API marketing email clicks for a certain contact but when I go to Husbpot Contact Activity I don't see the email clicks listed.  This happen to be activity occuring 1 day ago.  My questions are:

(1)  Why doesn't Huspot shows the marketing emails clicks that the Email Event API is indicating that those clicks event occurred?
(2) On Hubspot Contact Activity screen, I can click on the Marketing email and it will take me to a screen showing statistics about user interactions for that Marketing email.  If I click on the tab receipient and enter the email address in the search it also doesn't indicate a click event ever occurred between this contact and this email campained.
Has anyone seen this?  Is this a bug?
(3) on the Contact activity, can the activity be removed by user?  Or does the activity will auto purge after a certain amount of time?  If purge I can view all in history?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
CTo
Solution
Member

Per Hubspot support:
A potential source of discrepancies is we filtered out Bot Activity automatically in app but
we don't filter these results from the API data. You can test this by adding a excludefilteredEvent is true
to your request and seeing if you still have data inconsistency. Additionaly, some events are made obsolete by subsequent
events which is relfected in the obsoletedBy field. This is less likely to be the culprit but worth checking.
To fix add &excludeFilteredEvents=true&obsoletedBy=NULL

I tried their suggestions and it fixed my issue.  The excludeFilteredEvents did the trick w/ or w/out obsoletedBy property.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
dennisedson
Community Manager

@Bryantworks , any chance you could help out here?

Thanks,

Dennis




Check out our Community Developer Blog
where we feature our Community driven developer podcast and how to content
0 Upvotes
CTo
Solution
Member

Per Hubspot support:
A potential source of discrepancies is we filtered out Bot Activity automatically in app but
we don't filter these results from the API data. You can test this by adding a excludefilteredEvent is true
to your request and seeing if you still have data inconsistency. Additionaly, some events are made obsolete by subsequent
events which is relfected in the obsoletedBy field. This is less likely to be the culprit but worth checking.
To fix add &excludeFilteredEvents=true&obsoletedBy=NULL

I tried their suggestions and it fixed my issue.  The excludeFilteredEvents did the trick w/ or w/out obsoletedBy property.

View solution in original post