APIs & Integrations

maragopera
Participant

Hubspot Chat - Issues with cookies consent and access to FAQ

Hi,

We have integrated Hubspot chat in our website, however we face 2 issues.

- First, we have activated cookies consent section at the beginning of conversation. Visitors need to accept cookies to access chat. However, when you click on the button, consent loads but nothing happen. We need to update page so the consent is collected and visitor can access chat (Video to illustrate our issue : https://www.loom.com/share/c8cd9c49bc3240c5ac93f63e5852d421)

- Second issue, when visitor clicks to access FAQ from Chat window, and then comes back in our website, chat window gets white and it is not possible to access chat again (Video : https://www.loom.com/share/8559dd047456444d8bd0a60443e816a9)

Note that our chat is embedded in an iframe, Hubspot Support thinks that can explain theses issues but we followed the exact explanations of this article to integrate our chat : https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/conversations_api/hubspot-conversations-javascript-api

Any idea of how to resolve these ?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi, @maragopera.

Apologies for the delayed response.

I am able to reproduce both behaviors when I embed a chatflow on my own site using the inlineEmbedSelector field. I will investigate the causes with my team. Thank you for your patience.

In the meantime, I see that the HTML ID hubspot-conversations-inline-parent appears twice on this page.

I recommend defining a different ID on the page and as the value of the inlineEmbedSelector field. The HubSpot chat widget already uses that ID, per the "Inline embed styling" section of this documentation.

Change div ID.jpg

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
maragopera
Participant

Hi @IsaacTakushi,

Thanks for your answer ! I will share this with our developper. Please let me know if your team gives you more insights on this !

Marion

0 Upvotes
maragopera
Participant

Hi @IsaacTakushi 
Any news from your team ? 🙂
Thank you !

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi, @maragopera.

Sincere apologies for the radio silence.

Not yet, but they are actively investigating now! I'll post here as soon as I have some insight. Thank you for your continued patience.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi, @maragopera.

The cookie consent issue should now be resolved. Please let me know if you continue to encounter the perpetual loading behavior. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I'll post again when we have a better solution for the auto-closing behavior when visitors click links (e.g. to knowledge base articles). Thanks for your continued patience!

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
maragopera
Participant

Hi @IsaacTakushi ,

Great thank you. Indeed it works well now for the cookie consent !

Ok I'll wait for your solution regarding the second issue ("when visitor clicks to access FAQ from Chat window, and then comes back in our website, chat window gets white and it is not possible to access chat again").

Thanks.

Marion

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi again, @maragopera.

Excellent. I'm glad to hear that the cookie consent button is working!

You should now also be able to trigger window.HubSpotConversations.widget.open(); to re-open the widget after it closes when a visitor clicks a knowledge base search result.

The team decided not to force the chat pane open because it would also open the chat widget on the knowledge base article which would obscure most of the page on mobile devices.

Will this functionality fulfill your needs?

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes