HubSpot workflow calls webhook with wrong company

SOLVE
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Earlier today we enrolled about 15 companies in a workflow. One of the actions in that workflow is "Trigger Webhook". Reviewing the "History" tab for the workflow shows that each company was enrolled successfully, and the webhook was called successfully for each company.

 

However, we noticed that the expected API actions were not performed for two companies. When we reviewed our API logs we found something interesting: the webhook endpoint was posted to twice for two companies, and never for two other companies. In other words, it looks like HubSpot called the webhook with the wrong company data in the body twice. 

 

This is relatively big issue for us: two of our clients received duplicate emails, while two other clients didn't receive any emails. Is this a none issue with enrolling multiple companies in a workflow simultaneously?

 

Thank you.

Reply
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

For posterity, this issue has been fixed and both customer and myself isn't seeing duplicates/missing companies when using the workflow Webhook.

Reply
0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Community Manager

Hi @galenweber,

 

I hope all is well with you Smiley Happy

 

While it is possible to enroll multiple companies in a workflow at the same time (e.g. if all the companies property was changed in bulk to environment == staging), I would expect the Webhook POST payload to show all 15 company logs. 

 

On my end, I ran a test and these are the steps that I took to try and reproduce the same situation:

1. I bulk set a custom property for 15 company records

2. In my testing workflow > my enrollment trigger is if the custom property is known > Enroll these companies

3. The next action is to trigger a webhook using https://requestinspector.com/ as a testing webhook url 

4. I turned on the workflow > Enroll existing 15 company records who met the enrollment trigger

5. Over in request inspector, I'm able to see all 15 company records payload just fine, with no duplication/missing companies. 

 

In this case, do you mind trying the same steps and see if you're missing any companies? I'd suggest for you to use a sample testing webhook url to narrow down the issues here.

 

Also do you mind sharing with me the companies that was posted twice and the companies that didn't got posted?

Reply
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Wendy, thanks for responding.

 

I ran the test you outlined using 49 companies we have listed. Reviewing the data in request inspector I see that the webhook was called twice for one company (I haven't reviewed yet to see if any companies were missing).

 

I'd be happy to send you the request inspector URL for the test I ran, as well as the ID for the company that was included twice in the test. I have sent you a private message with that information. 

 

In addition, Request Inpsector shows only 30 requests, though the HubSpot workflow history shows that 49 webhook requests were successful.

Reply
0 Upvotes
Community Manager

For posterity, this issue has been fixed and both customer and myself isn't seeing duplicates/missing companies when using the workflow Webhook.

Reply
0 Upvotes