APIs & Integrations

thulani

HubSpot webhooks being called for uninstalled and deleted ouath app

I created a new app and transitioned everything targeting a sandbox environment to that, webhooks etc. Once I confirmed that everything was working, Iwent ahead and deleted the old app.

However, Inoticed some webhook calls coming in that fail the signature verification. On further investigation Ican see the webhook calls that fail have the app id of the deleted app and hence fail as the validation now generates a hash with the new oauth client secret for the new app. Webhooks for the new app are working as expected but Iare not sure why HubSpot would still be making webhook calls for an app that was uninstalled from the sandbox then deleted. I did not pause the webhooks under the app or unsubscribe assuming they would be removed with the application deletion.

Can you assist with this please.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

HubSpot webhooks being called for uninstalled and deleted ouath app

Hey, @thulani 👋 Thank you for your question.

This sounds unusual as HubSpot should stop sending webhook calls once an app is deleted. It could be a caching issue or a bug within the HubSpot system.

As this seems to be a potentially specific issue to your deleted application and to ensure this gets addressed properly, I would recommend reaching out to HubSpot technical support if you have access to it. The support team has tools to look into your specific case and assist you in the best possible way.

Meanwhile, could you please confirm if you are still experiencing the same issue? If it's a caching issue, it might have resolved itself.

Thank you! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes