APIs & Integrations

marekzp
Participant

HubSpot's own ID missing from contact ID field

SOLVE

The problem

I am very confused by this error. We have a contact who was created via an API. During the creation process, there was an unknown error. The API tried again and the contact was created correctly except for one important detail. The Contact ID field has a -- there instead of a number - see screenshot. That Contact has an ID, I can see it in the URL, but the Contact ID field is empty which means we cannot receive this contact in other systems by calling the API as the Contact ID field is empty.

Solutions considered but not an option

• I do not see the point in making the Contact ID field an optional field in other systems when it should not be. Contact ID should be a required field
  • I cannot edit the field manually as the UI gives me a message saying the field is not editable

Question:

How can I make this Contact ID field contain the HS Contact ID?

marekzp_0-1632915124802.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
miljkovicmisa
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hello @marekzp , 👋 @sharonlicari.
This seems super strange, have you been able to reproduce this? Did you record the error your got from the first response?
I would establish if this happens every time, so try a tool like "Postman" to replicate your apps api call to check the response header and debug it that way.
So the id of the newly created object would be returned as a response to the api call.
The api call body should look like this  (a json object):

{
  "company": "Biglytics",
  "email": "bcooper@biglytics.net",
  "firstname": "Bryan",
  "lastname": "Cooper",
  "phone": "(877) 929-0687",
  "website": "biglytics.net"
}

More info on contacts api here in this link.

I could probably assist you more if you share the error log, your api call body, or any further information regarding the issue, again, if you can try and replicate the error in an api tool like "Postman".

If my answer was helpful please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
miljkovicmisa
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @marekzp , 👋 @sharonlicari.
This seems super strange, have you been able to reproduce this? Did you record the error your got from the first response?
I would establish if this happens every time, so try a tool like "Postman" to replicate your apps api call to check the response header and debug it that way.
So the id of the newly created object would be returned as a response to the api call.
The api call body should look like this  (a json object):

{
  "company": "Biglytics",
  "email": "bcooper@biglytics.net",
  "firstname": "Bryan",
  "lastname": "Cooper",
  "phone": "(877) 929-0687",
  "website": "biglytics.net"
}

More info on contacts api here in this link.

I could probably assist you more if you share the error log, your api call body, or any further information regarding the issue, again, if you can try and replicate the error in an api tool like "Postman".

If my answer was helpful please mark it as a solution.

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @marekzp 

Thank you for the information provided. I think our experts can share their thoughts about this and guide you on solve this issue. 

Hey @MichaelC @PCarlson @miljkovicmisa what would you advise in this case?

Happy Friday

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes