APIs & Integrations

Kristen_Deyo
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

HubSpot Forms webhook not connecting with back office system anymore

Hi,

Our hubspot forms send us; via a webhook, a data package to our AppRiver back office system. Anything the form collects is then categorized by values set by hubspot which allows us to parse that data properly.

We have check boxes on our hubspot forms that a lead selects based on what service they would like to try. The values that denote whether the checkbox was checked or not are no longer showing up in the data package we receive, meaning we don’t see which service a lead selected in our back office system. This was functioning properly in September but is not now. During that time frame nothing was changed on our end.

Any ideas what could be causing this break?

Thanks,
Kristen

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Kristen_Deyo, I'm a bit unsure as to how your client is utilizing Webhooks. You can't really use webhooks to subscribe to a form submission. You can subscribe to a change of a contact, company or deal property on a contact after a form has been submitted, but not directly to the submission itself (see these docs). I just created a single checkbox field and subscribed to a change on this property. I then filled out the form here, checking off the box "boolean" and was successfully returned this data:

[
  {
    "objectId": 4151,
    "propertyName": "boolean",
    "propertyValue": "true",
    "changeSource": "FORM",
    "eventId": 4238698171,
    "subscriptionId": 79047,
    "portalId": 3430672,
    "appId": 177339,
    "occurredAt": 1540996691186,
    "subscriptionType": "contact.propertyChange",
    "attemptNumber": 0
  }
]

You can see this data is being successfully sent here: https://requestbin.fullcontact.com/10f9uxp1?inspect

The App ID that was sent over was just the Hub ID of the portal you'd given before. The App ID for setting up webhooks would be in the developer portal and would look like one of these:

Is your customer using webhooks in conjunction with workflows as per these docs? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/how-do-i-use-webhooks-with-hubspot-work...

If so, is the current setup that contacts enroll into a workflow based on form submission, then the workflow webhook action sends the contact data to a webhook?

I also made a workflow based off of those criteria, then sent a POST request to that same RequestBin URL. You can see that this request: https://requestbin.fullcontact.com/10f9uxp1?inspect#14co71 has the boolean field presen. Can you confirm that your client is using workflow webhooks, and if they are, is this the workflow they're using?

0 Upvotes
Kristen_Deyo
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

1. the App ID that you've set webhooks up for 53864
  2. a link to the Form in the form editor that is having the issue https://app.hubspot.com/forms/53864/editor/f33390dd-111e-41bc-8a94-c4fcdc60f0da/edit/form
  3. the page that the form itself lives on? https://www.appriver.com/free-trial/
0 Upvotes
Kristen_Deyo
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Here's the answer I got from the client:

Here is what I have on my end:

[subscribing to contacts] then using the data filled out on those HubSpot forms to see where these contacts have come from? Yes, but that is not the issue. That is working fine, we are using the form name and other data indicators that are properly being sent in the data package.

If so, are these checkboxes tied to a custom property in HubSpot? Each checkbox is included in the HubSpot from. The HubSpot form has a checkbox configuration for each in the form editor and they are ‘progressive fields’.

If so, which contact property change are you subscribed to? We are not subscribed to a change on the contact, we are subscribed to the contact submitting a form. Then the contact is sent to our webhook.

Further, which endpoint are you using to collect the data? We have a webhook set up that receives the data and stores it into our own system. There is nothing wrong with the hook, it is getting all of the data in the json payload that is sent. The issue is the payload is missing data, specifically the checkbox data. This is a change from previous behavior, in the recent past the checkbox data was being sent as expected.

Webhooks can only notify you of changes to a contact, company, or deal creation, change or deletion. Is this the problem that you're facing right now? No, the data sent to the webhook is ignoring the checkboxes.

HubID = 53864

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Kristen_Deyo, thanks for the additional information. Would you be able to provide me with:

1. the App ID that you've set webhooks up for
  2. a link to the Form in the form editor that is having the issue
  3. the page that the form itself lives on?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @Kristen_Deyo, happy to help. Just so we are on the same page, what's happening is that you're subscribing to changes in one or more of the contact properties here: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/webhooks/webhooks-overview in your contacts, then using the data filled out on those HubSpot forms to see where these contacts have come from? If so, are these checkboxes tied to a custom property in HubSpot? If so, which contact property change are you subscribed to? Further, which endpoint are you using to collect the data? Webhooks can only notify you of changes to a contact, company, or deal creation, change or deletion. Is this the problem that you're facing right now?

If you send over your HubID, this would be helpful for me to continue troubleshooting.

0 Upvotes