APIs & Integrations

wcervantes1
Participant | Elite Partner

HubSpot FieldAware integration

SOLVE

Hi team!!

My team will start working on a HubSpot - FieldAware (a call center software) integration.

END GOAL: When a contact submits a HubSpot form > send push to FieldAware so that call center rep has the form information to call the contact and the most important thing is to have a contact ID that can link back to the contact record in HubSpot as they will need to access the contact record for additional information.

Will the forms API give us a contact ID that can be traced back to the contact in HubSpot in one click? Or would we need to use both a forms API and a contact API to retrieve the vid? 
https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/contacts/get_contact

And since the information is being sent from HubSpot to FieldAware, would we need to use the GET method https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/forms/get-submissions-for-a-form?

Also is there any endpoint that we should consider on the fieldAware's realm https://api.fieldaware.net/doc/reference.html

Please let me know if something is not clear, happy to clarify 🙂

Best,

Walter

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @wcervantes1,

I hope all is well with you 😄

For this use case, I have two options that I'd love to share with you:

#1 Workflow Webhook

If your team has the marketing/sales/service hub enterprise and is familar with webhook, I'd recommend your team to Use webhooks with HubSpot workflows. You can create a workflow with the enrollment trigger set as the form submission > Trigger a webhook POST:

workflowexample.png

The webhook will POST data for the contact going through the workflow. The form submission data and contact id (vid) will be present as well. I'd recommend this because you do not have to constantly poll using API.

That said, if your team is not familar with building and handling webhook, the HubSpot API would work as well:

#2 HubSpot APIs

While the Form API doesn't give the contact ID and you can definitely retrieve the vid using the get contact by email address endpoint and the email address can be retrieve using the get submission for a form endpoint.

Instead of using two endpoint, I'd suggest for you to create an active/static list with a 'Form Submission' criteria:

formsubmission.png

So that only contacts who has submitted the form will be in this contact list. Next, use this endpoint: Get contacts in a list to retrieve contacts that are in that list. 

I hope this helps to shed some lights!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @wcervantes1,

I hope all is well with you 😄

For this use case, I have two options that I'd love to share with you:

#1 Workflow Webhook

If your team has the marketing/sales/service hub enterprise and is familar with webhook, I'd recommend your team to Use webhooks with HubSpot workflows. You can create a workflow with the enrollment trigger set as the form submission > Trigger a webhook POST:

workflowexample.png

The webhook will POST data for the contact going through the workflow. The form submission data and contact id (vid) will be present as well. I'd recommend this because you do not have to constantly poll using API.

That said, if your team is not familar with building and handling webhook, the HubSpot API would work as well:

#2 HubSpot APIs

While the Form API doesn't give the contact ID and you can definitely retrieve the vid using the get contact by email address endpoint and the email address can be retrieve using the get submission for a form endpoint.

Instead of using two endpoint, I'd suggest for you to create an active/static list with a 'Form Submission' criteria:

formsubmission.png

So that only contacts who has submitted the form will be in this contact list. Next, use this endpoint: Get contacts in a list to retrieve contacts that are in that list. 

I hope this helps to shed some lights!

wcervantes1

SOLVE

Hi Wendy!

I completely forgot that webhooks are a thing! Thank you for providing a light at the end of the tunnel! 

Happy HubSpotting,

Walter

0 Upvotes