APIs & Integrations

ringio-dev

HubSpot Engagements Endpoint No Longer Supported?

SOLVE

Hi, 

we're in the process of building an integration with hubspot, and I'm using a test account I created from our developer account. Thing is whenever I try to get engagements for that account it returns no results, however, I've checked that the Cool Robot sample Contact has a few of them, so how should we get those engagements (calls, notes, tasks, etc)

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Following up on this. Engagements on sample contacts are still not returned from the Engagements API, but I have added a note to this article.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
ringio-dev

SOLVE

I managed to get engagements from the api, but only after manually creating them, so I wonder what are the engagements shown for the test contacts created (calls, notes, tasks, etc) and if they're a special kind of engagements that we need to fetch from other api endpoint?

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @ringio-dev.

I reproduced the behavior you describe, however I believe it's expected.

It seems we exclude engagements on the "Cool Robot" and "Brian Halligan" sample contacts from both reporting and the Engagements API.

Is there any reason you wish to get those engagements in particular? I'm happy to answer any general questions about generating new engagements of the same type.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
ringio-dev

SOLVE

I really think they should come up as engagements on the api requests, otherwise it could lead to error or misunderstanding for any developer as the web is showing you something, but you cannot fetch it through the api. 

Or at least, put a warning note in the api docs that informs the devs about this behaviour. 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

This is great feedback; thanks!

I'll share it internally so that we can improve the experience of developers using our API.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Following up on this. Engagements on sample contacts are still not returned from the Engagements API, but I have added a note to this article.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes