APIs & Integrations

thaep
Participant

HubSpot Cookie banner and GA/GTM

Hi there,

I hope anyone can help: We are having some trouble getting the HubSpot Cookie Banner to work. I read up on a couple of posts, but they don't seem to address the problem, or I do not fully understand (as I am not a developer).

We are using Google Tag Manager on our site to fire different scripts such as Google Analytics. We also integrated the HubSpot Tracking Code via GTM. Now we want to use the HubSpot Cookie Banner for Cookie Consent Management. This does work for the HubSpot code but not the third party code. 

The GA cookies are set straight after opening the site, regardless of what a user clicks in the cookie banner.

What I have read so far is that you can prevent firing GTM at all with the consent listener method. However, is it also possible to use that method (or another) to not block GTM as a whole but just different cookie categories according to the choice the user made?

Hope anybody has an idea. Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Indra
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

Thanks for mentioning @Jaycee_Lewis

Hi @thaep,

Since you aren't a developer, I recommend to get in touch with one if you have external scripts that need to work with the HubSpot Cookie Banner.

There are great companies listed at the HubSpot Solutions Directory

I think what you are looking after is diving into the Cookies API.

So check out Cookie Banner API Overview for checking the consent status if it's an analytics, advertisement of functionality script.

Vet Digital - The Growth Agency | HubSpot Solutions Partner Agency

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @thaep 👋 Let's see if our community has some insight here. @himanshurauthan @Indra @Anton any thoughts on next steps for @thaep?

Thank you! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes