APIs & Integrations

JMul

HubSpot Changing phone number format

SOLVE

I've encountered an issue with the phone number column.

I'm pushing the user phone number from my website to hubspot and the initial phone number is valid and properly formatted. After about 10 minutes the phone number will change format and no longer be valid. This is an issue as an external software we are using requires valid phone numbers to work.  This is what happens with the data is passed to phone number section. It is valid and has a country codeThis is what happens with the data is passed to phone number section. It is valid and has a country codeAfter 10 minutes the phone number is no longer in a valid format and it moves the country code into the phone numberAfter 10 minutes the phone number is no longer in a valid format and it moves the country code into the phone number

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, @JMul 👋 Let's try a trick I learned during my time in support. Starting with a record where this has recently happened, please do the following:

• Click into the Contact record
  • From the left-hand toolbar, scroll down and click View all properties
    view-all-prop.png
  •  Search for phone and click details
    click-details.png

What I want to know is, can you see the timestamp and source for when the unwanted formatting occurs? Some-but-not-all the time, there will be something listed in the source that will give us a clue, such as an integration or use of the API (the Salesforce integration for example):

source-maybe.png

Please share any additional details and the community will be better able to help troubleshoot and look at root causes. 

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey, @JMul 👋 Let's try a trick I learned during my time in support. Starting with a record where this has recently happened, please do the following:

• Click into the Contact record
  • From the left-hand toolbar, scroll down and click View all properties
    view-all-prop.png
  •  Search for phone and click details
    click-details.png

What I want to know is, can you see the timestamp and source for when the unwanted formatting occurs? Some-but-not-all the time, there will be something listed in the source that will give us a clue, such as an integration or use of the API (the Salesforce integration for example):

source-maybe.png

Please share any additional details and the community will be better able to help troubleshoot and look at root causes. 

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
JMul

SOLVE

HI Jaycee, 

This is what i'm seeing. Seems like it's getting changed by the batch hubspot Api endpoint. Not sure exactly what this means. But any help is appreciated. 

JMul_0-1660310288591.png

Best regards,

Justin

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @JMul, that's what I figured was happening. In this case, you'll have to work with your team to figure out who/what is hitting one of the Contact batch endpoints. Unfortunately, the data stored on our end is what you see in your screenshot — we can see the batch API endpoint is the culprit, but nothing more.

There is not a way from our end to know specifically what app or integration is using your API key. This falls under working-as-designed, but not as we want it to work. 

There isn't a log or record HubSpot can access to ID what app or integration is using your key. But once you work with your team, you should be able to identify the specific offender and change its behavior or update it to stop interfering with this phone number property formatting.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes