APIs & Integrations

moosa121
Miembro

HubSpot Analytics - Social Channels Data discrepancy

Hey All,

I am reaching out to you from TapClicks regarding an issue for one of our mutual clients which is US Interactive Media.

We are seeing discrepancies between TapClicks & HubSpot Analytics at the "Source Breakdown data level" for the metric "Customers".

The data seems to be off by 1. Our Engineering team looked into this and they found out that the metric "customer" seems to change over time. I wanted to know for how many days can this value change.

Thanks,

Moosa.

0 Me gusta
6 Respuestas 6
cbarley
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

Hi @moosa121 , are you using the social brodcast api? https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/social_media/get_broadcast

If so, can you supply an example GET URL that you're using, along with a link to your account so I can see the discrepancy myself? It may just be that there's a cache or lag between updates, but I can't be sure at the moment without more info!

0 Me gusta
moosa121
Miembro

Hello,

Thanks for responding to my query.
URL: https://api.hubapi.com/analytics/v2/reports

Actualy, there is no discrepancy when you query the data from HubSpot.
the discrepancy is created by us when we go 4 days back
I wanted to know how many days back should we query to have current data for the contacts metric. The current look back window of 4 days seems not to be enough.

Sincerely,

Moosa Nayeem.

0 Me gusta
cbarley
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

hi @moosa121 , I'm not quite sure I understand your problem. What is your overall goal with this endpoint?

0 Me gusta
moosa121
Miembro

Hey Connor,
We get the data from that endpoint querying the information for the last 4 days. So for example today, we will query for data since May 3rd until May 7.
Tomorrow we will request data from May 4th to May 8th
so, if the customer metric changes for May 3rd, that means since tomorrow, we will not get this new updated value
we need to know how the metric 'customer' is calculated, to be able to change those 4 days to something that will cover any updated for that metric

Thanks,

Moosa.

0 Me gusta
moosa121
Miembro

Hey,

checking in for an update.

Thanks,

Moosa Nayeem

0 Me gusta
cbarley
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

hi @moosa121 , I'm still not sure exactly what you mean here. You should be able to use the /:time_period filter in the URL in conjunction with the start and end query parameters to pull the right information. If you can give specifics about which calls you're making and why they don't match up, I'm happy to look further, but without more info I'm afraid I won't be of much help. 

Any screenshots of in-app data that doesn't match with what you're pulling from the API, as well as examples of the raw request you're making would help.

0 Me gusta