HubDB v3 & Visitor ID APIs Now Available in Public Beta, Timeline v3 API Available in GA
Aug 6, 2020 4:10 PM
Today we’re excited to bring you three updates:
- First, we’re releasing our HubDB API v3 into public beta, part of our ongoing effort to improve the consistency and completeness of our developer APIs.
- Next, we’re also releasing our Visitor Identification API to public beta.
- Finally, we’re releasing the Timeline API v3 into General Availability (GA). Thanks for all the help getting it ready for use.
The following are changes in v3 of the HubDB API:
- Tables should have both a name and label. This name cannot be changed once the table is created. Names can only include lowercase letters, digits, and underscores and cannot begin with a number. Both name and label should be unique in the account.
- The Clone endpoint requires a new name and new label.
- The API supports both table id or name in the URL paths.
- GET row endpoints return column name instead of id in values field. Also, POST / PUT row endpoints require column name instead of id in values field.
- The Import endpoint requires idSourceColumn along with existing fields in the JSON-formatted options.
- Table update and row update PATCH endpoints now accept sparse updates, which means we can specify only the column values that we need to update (whereas we had to specify all the column values in the previous versions).
- We removed the endpoints to get a row cell, update a row cell, and delete a row cell in favour of table update and row update PATCH endpoints.
The Visitor Identification API enables you to provide details about the identities of your website visitors to the chat widget after they've been authenticated by a login system. So, if a visitor logs in (by providing their email address), the Visitor Identification API can send their identity to HubSpot's chat widget.
The Timeline API v3 now treats events as immutable. This means that if an integration relies on being able to update an event, it should not be updated to this version of the API. We’ll provide further guidance on this in the future.
When is this happening
The new HubDB v3 and Visitor Identification APIs are now available for you to review. As with all public beta/developer preview releases, we may be changing the specification at any time as we learn more about how the APIs are used, so we do not recommend building production products with these APIs until they go to General Availability.
The Timeline API v3 is also now available for use. As noted above, these APIs are in GA, which means they’re ready for use in production applications.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave a message on this forum thread.