APIs & Integrations

ChrisChiha
トップ投稿者

HubDB API - Populate HubDB tables automatically

解決

Hello, I would like to know if there's a way to populate my HubDB tables automatically. Maybe an Api integration that will fetch content from an online portal and populate it in the table.I am using this data dynamically in my email campaigns, and the data is subject to change on daily basis. So it is not feasible to do it manually. Thanks ! 

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
ChrisChiha
解決策
トップ投稿者

解決

Hello @Teun , @bendonahower 

I was able to populate the Hubdb table from Backend and send email through workflow.
- Creating email template (HTML+Hubl) to display data from hub db table
- Sending data to hubdb table through API (This requires good effort on backend to set scheduler and jobs to call API and fill the table)
- Send email through workflow
- Send webhook after email is sent to trigger the job that handles deleting all rows from table

It wasn't a simple thing to do, but i just reached testing phase yesterday, and it worked.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

9件の返信
Teun
名誉エキスパート | Diamond Partner

解決

You can store external data in HubDB, in default object properties (like contact), or in a custom object.

Using an object is only a good fit in certain scenarios.

Could you elaborate on what you are trying to achieve? What kind of data do you want to store in HubSpot?

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

0 いいね!
ChrisChiha
トップ投稿者

解決

I am trying to retrieve data (Name, Status, and comment sections) from my backend into my email.

Hubdb is not applicable in my case, and the contact section already has its data in it. 

I was thinking of another approach, maybe pulling the email html/html blocks from the backend into husbspot using API. Do you think this is doable from your experience ?

0 いいね!
ChrisChiha
トップ投稿者

解決

Hubdb approach worked for me, but it is not a go to solution for me now unfortunately.
By object, what do you mean exactly ? can you please elaborate on an approach that doesnt include Hubdb for now ? 
Programming language is not a restriction, i could manage to some extent. Just need to know what is an alternative approach to hubdb in a similar case

0 いいね!
Teun

解決

Hi @ChrisChiha ,

Data used in HubSpot emails need to be stored somewhere in the CRM. Either in an object or in HuBDB. So your approach to storing data in HubDB is not a bad solution at all.
What programming languages are you familiar with? 

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

Teun

解決

Hi @ChrisChiha ,

Do you want to fetch data from your online portal and store it HubDB automatically? If the answer is yes, you can build a NodeJS application that does that (assuming your online portal has an API or a way to retrieve the data).

You can build an NodeJS app that stores the data in HubDB by using the HubDB API.
If you use a CRON Job to run the application every 5 minutes, your data should be always up to date.

0 いいね!
ChrisChiha
トップ投稿者

解決

Thanks for your fast replies !

Do you think is there a way to populate my email directly from backend ? without storing data in Hubspot. 
Can an API load email content directly from backend ?

0 いいね!
Teun

解決

Hi @ChrisChiha ,

I've build an NodeJS application that syncs data from Google Spreadsheet to HubDB. Is it something similar that you want to achieve?

bendonahower
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner
ガイド役 | Diamond Partner

解決

Hey Teun, would you sell the app for use by other agencies? If so, please email ben@noboundsdigital.com? Especially since we can push object properties to sheets via workflow there are a lot of applications for this.

Ben Donahowers HubSpot community signature
0 いいね!
ChrisChiha
解決策
トップ投稿者

解決

Hello @Teun , @bendonahower 

I was able to populate the Hubdb table from Backend and send email through workflow.
- Creating email template (HTML+Hubl) to display data from hub db table
- Sending data to hubdb table through API (This requires good effort on backend to set scheduler and jobs to call API and fill the table)
- Send email through workflow
- Send webhook after email is sent to trigger the job that handles deleting all rows from table

It wasn't a simple thing to do, but i just reached testing phase yesterday, and it worked.