APIs & Integrations

FernandoMelo
Participant

How to use the SDK to integrate between our systems?

SOLVE

I'm trying to use the SDK to make an integration between our systems but I don't clearly understand how to use it, I was unsure about how to use calling-extension-sdk, it has modules to make calls (behind the scenes) or it only serves to send notification to the hubspot backend server?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @FernandoMelo , you do not need to have it published to the Martketplace first.  It would be impossible to test if you were required to have on Marketplace first!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @FernandoMelo , you do not need to have it published to the Martketplace first.  It would be impossible to test if you were required to have on Marketplace first!

FernandoMelo
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the answer!
Now I just have one last question, does my softphone have to be published on your Marketplace to be used with a third party app?

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @FernandoMelo , the SDK is menat to connect HubSpot to your calling app.  It does not make the calls behind the scene.  Referencing this article, you will find that it does the following:

• HubSpot telling your app which number to call
  • Your app telling HubSpot when the call has connected and when it's been completed
  • HubSpot telling your app the ID of the placeholder engagement that needs to be updated with the call details

You would use this SDK if none of the integrations listed on this page suit your needs.

Hope this helps!