APIs & Integrations

nikla

How to subscribe on customer usage of product?

Hi!

I'm new to HubSpot but I have failed to search for existing solutions.

We have customers in HubSpot who uses our products. When looking at a customer in HubSpot we would like to see their usage on our products. 

We would like our products to push messages to HubSpot that ends up as events per customer. Then we want graphs and triggers acting on the data per customer.

Is it possible to define a REST API that can our products can call and upload events when product is used.

We are interested in more details from the products but this is a hint to what we want to do.

Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction for this?

BR,

Niklas

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @nikla 👋 To clarify, are you asking if you can build a custom API on top of our APIs? It's not 100% clear based on the information provided. Having more details, including what you've already tried, is very helpful in providing the community with more context.

@himanshurauthan do you have any thoughts or experience in building out something similar to what @nikla is describing?

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
nikla

Hi @Jaycee_Lewis!

I have started to read more in your API documentation and realize that my question was not clear enough. I have also search around more which pointed me to the HubDB API.

I have not tried it yet but what I can understand it is possible to create a HubDB table with suitable fields and then use e.g. a python scipt in our product to push data to this table.

Have I understood it correct now? 

Regards,

Niklas

0 Upvotes