APIs & Integrations

KristjanJ

How to show all associated Custom objects with filtering

I have a following situation: Our company sells Cars (Custom Object). We save our customers as Contacts. If a customer buys a car, we associate the customer with the car and vice versa. My question is, how to filter all Contact records to only show the ones, that are associated to the specific car? I found out, I can do it by selecting the specific Car and then click "View associated contacts".

KristjanJ_0-1670426715399.png

If i click this, i get the following result (this is filter in Contacts):

KristjanJ_1-1670426942801.png

Now how can I do that, but by filtering in Contacts instead of Cars. Because when I try to filter by clicking "All filters" in Contacts, 

KristjanJ_2-1670427225410.png

it doesn't show me the option to filter by associated Cars.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

How to show all associated Custom objects with filtering

Hey, @KristjanJ 👋 Thanks for the great question. To confirm, you are not missing a direct option when created filtered views on an object index page (whew 🙃) And I have two in-app options for your consideration. 

• One — (based on your second screenshot) Once you click View associated Contacts button from the custom object and are directed to the Contact index page, you can save that view. You cannot manually create that filter yourself, but we can save it as a view.
    fv-1.pngfv-2.png
  • Two — you can leverage the Lists tool. It allows for cross-object filters. Meaning, you can make a List and include filters from other objects, such as your Vehicle object. Then you can make a filtered view using the list. Two steps, but it allows you to take advantage of the full filter options available in the lists tool.
    fv-3.png

fv-4.png

If you are interested in utilizing the available endpoints, I'd suggest the Search API and its options for Searching Through Associations

Have fun building! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes