APIs & Integrations

alesuer
Participant

How to set IP Country

SOLVE

Hi! 

I am trying to set IP country from a user's IP address but the API is responding that "ip_country" is a read-only field. How do I structure the payload to the api so that ip_country gets set? Do I use the field "ip_address"?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

How to set IP Country

SOLVE

Hi @alesuer,

I hope all is well with you 😄

As mentioned here - HubSpot Community - Sunset: IP addresses will be sunset from all, as of 29th May, 2019 we have sunset IP addresses from all HubSpot APIs to maintain the privacy of contacts within HubSpot database.  This means that you wouldn't be able to access it via APIs.

Hope this helps to clarify things.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
WendyGoh
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

How to set IP Country

SOLVE

Hi @alesuer,

I hope all is well with you 😄

As mentioned here - HubSpot Community - Sunset: IP addresses will be sunset from all, as of 29th May, 2019 we have sunset IP addresses from all HubSpot APIs to maintain the privacy of contacts within HubSpot database.  This means that you wouldn't be able to access it via APIs.

Hope this helps to clarify things.

yayabobi1
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

How to set IP Country

SOLVE

Hi Wendy,

Actually this is a bit unclear to me since the question here is not about IP address but IP country. According to the page you linked to the following is true: 

"Geo-location data (e.g. city, state, region, country, timezone, etc.) derived from the IP address will continue to remain accessible via the API and on contact records within HubSpot."

Can we send IP data to Hubspot and pull IP country from the Contacts API?