APIs & Integrations

SMondal2
Participant

How to send new customers metadata to Hubspot

SOLVE

Our goal is to add new accounts created on our website to HubSpot automatically through API and update their information later on user's dashboard

I guess CRM API is ideal for this use case. However, I need more information about which API I should use to create, update, and delete contacts? What custom properties are allowed?

Another use case is when a user creates a new account, they can opt in or out of various categories of communication. Moreover, they can be changed anytime after creating the account on the user's dashboard. I have taken a look at subscription types for this use case but 
I received the below response from Hubspot earlier and it seems impossible to manage subscription types-
"While the Subscription Types API is available, once a contact opts out of a subscription type, there is no way via API to resubscribe them. i.e. it would not be possible to override this. Therefore, if you had someone change their preferences, to resubscribe to a particular subscription option, it would not be possible via API."

Are there any other ways to manage this, such as through CRM API through custom fields? Please help

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
zaklein
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SMondal2 

I agree with @dennisedson --> Forms API (and/or configuring non-HubSpot form tracking in the web UI) and CRM API > Contact endpoints should cover all cases you've described. For custom subscription preferences, you might like to consider using custom properties (on the Contact), changes in which could then trigger HubSpot workflow(s) (assuming you have access to this feature) to manage HubSpot's standard subscription preferences properties.

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
zaklein
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @SMondal2 

I agree with @dennisedson --> Forms API (and/or configuring non-HubSpot form tracking in the web UI) and CRM API > Contact endpoints should cover all cases you've described. For custom subscription preferences, you might like to consider using custom properties (on the Contact), changes in which could then trigger HubSpot workflow(s) (assuming you have access to this feature) to manage HubSpot's standard subscription preferences properties.

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Zach

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@SMondal2 

I would lean on the forms API.  Especially if they are using a form to create an account.  You can collect whatever custom properties you want.

You can use the Contacts endpoints as well.  You will be able to add values to custom properties here as well. 

You would this APIs delete endpoint to delete  a contact record.

Links

Contacts API

Forms API

@zaklein , any additional thoughts?

0 Upvotes