APIs & Integrations

Ali7
Participant

How to send custom property to dataFetchUri?

I have an app that has a CRM card and I want a custom property (which the user adds manually to a company profile) to be sent to the dataFetchUri as a property sent from HubSpot.

I added its name in the `properties sent from hubspot` section in the crm card part of the app but it's not sending it although it sends other properties (which are not custom).

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@Ali7 ,

Could you add a code snippet here of what you are working on? 

@malcolm1 , @himanshurauthan , could you all lend a hand here?

Ali7
Participant

Thanks for your response. I actually made it work and was gonna post an update here.

The problem was that HubSpot does not send properties as request params to the dataFetchUri unless all objects of the specified object type (COMPANY in this case) have values. So, for example, if you had three companies in your test account and you want HubSpot to send a custom property to the dataFetchUri as a request parameter, HubSpot does not send anything until each company has a value for this custom property, it does not even send null or anything, it just does not send it. That's why I was trying to call a HubSpot API endpoint to fetch this custom property for each company based on its id, but now I don't need to since the problem is solved, but I'm still curious though to know whether I can call a HubSpot endpoints from the dataFetchRequest.

Anyway, thanks again and I hope you have a nice day.

0 Upvotes