APIs & Integrations

rare-gecko
Participant

How to see list of failed records on import?

SOLVE

The import API returns a count of errors:

"counters": {
  "TOTAL_ROWS": 3,
  "ERRORS": 3
}

Is there an API to obtain the list of records in the CSV that failed? I see that you can download an errors file from the imports page. Is this available programmatically?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @rare-gecko.

At this time, there is no programmatic option to retrieve import errors. They must be downloaded in-app.

With that said, I can certainly appreciate the value in accessing this information via API. Would you mind creating a feature request on the Ideas Forum and sharing it below? I'd be happy to upvote it.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
rare-gecko
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the response Isaac. I created a feature request here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Retrieve-errors-from-an-import-via-API/idi-p/358260

This feature would be incredibly useful for our team. I appreciate the upvote, and let me know if there's any other info I could provide on our usecase.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
EPosa

SOLVE

Hi @rare-gecko,

If you're looking for an automated way to detect failed records after the import, Help Desk Migration would be a suitable solution. Once you run the demo import, you can download reports showing how the new IDs of records match the old IDs. The duplicates are deleted automatically. You can learn more about the reports here: https://help-desk-migration.com/help/how-to-check-the-result-of-demo-migration-in-hubspot-service-hu...

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @rare-gecko.

At this time, there is no programmatic option to retrieve import errors. They must be downloaded in-app.

With that said, I can certainly appreciate the value in accessing this information via API. Would you mind creating a feature request on the Ideas Forum and sharing it below? I'd be happy to upvote it.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
rare-gecko
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the response Isaac. I created a feature request here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Retrieve-errors-from-an-import-via-API/idi-p/358260

This feature would be incredibly useful for our team. I appreciate the upvote, and let me know if there's any other info I could provide on our usecase.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing, @rare-gecko. Upvoted!

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes