APIs & Integrations

paycove_rich

How to rotate our client secret?

Hello,

I'm curious if there's a way to rotate our client secret. I've read a few posts that say this isn't possible from our end, and wanted to confirm. 

Thank you kindly for anyone's help!

5 Replies 5
Setmore

Hi,

I would like to reset the client secret. How can I do it?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @paycove_rich 

You are correct.  You would have to create a new app which would generate a new secret

0 Upvotes
paycove_rich

Hey @dennisedson

Thanks for the follow up! 

Wouldn't this mean that we would lose all our ratings and reviews, along with any standing in the Hubspot Marketplace? This would be a pretty big setback. 

Are there no alternatives?

Cheers,

-Rich

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @paycove_rich 

Did a little more digging and it looks like while you cannot, we can on the HubSpot side.
I will follow up with you in a direct message.

0 Upvotes
DGray3

I came to this thread because it was about rotating client IDs and secrets. I am disappointed to learn that there seems to be no official self-service mechanism to generate new secrets.

For the last year or two, we've had a full-screen integration. Since around the time our enterprise trial expired and we reverted to Sales Starter, the integration fails, displaying the SalesTalk login screen in the full screen pop-up window that opens when it is activated from within our HubSpot account, 6371147. Since I know fom the API Key log that our API key was deactivated by "hubspot internal," I suspect that the client ID and secret may also have been revoked at the same time. I'd like to get a knowledgeable pair of eyes on this issue, preferably from your side.

Please reach out to me directly through the email address associated with the login that I used to post this message.

Respectfully yours,

David A. Gray

SalesTalk Technologies, LLC

0 Upvotes