APIs & Integrations

nitishSliderule
Teilnehmer/-in

How to retrieve deleted engagements | how to verify if a meeting took place or not

lösung

I was trying out scheduling meetings using hubspot meeting feature. Meeting was successfully scheduled and proper engagement object / response was being returned by hubspot engagement API.
But, there was no way to check or deduce if a meeting took place or not (or got cancelled before the start time). I checked the response, and could'nt find any field specifying this.
I am not sure what does 'active' field do ??
Even if the meeting is cancelled, the engagement API does not return that object in the response (ideally '
active' field should return False - this is an assumption)

Thanks for the help.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Willson
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

How to retrieve deleted engagements | how to verify if a meeting took place or not

lösung

Hi @nitishSliderule 

This is expected behaviour as we do not currently provide the means of cancelling meetings in HubSpot, instead a meeting is deleted if it is not taking place else we assume the meeting occurred as long as it remains on the Contact Record timeline. 

The process for cancelling meetings can be seen here in this thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Hub-Tools/Cancel-Meeting/td-p/246540

If you're looking to reference when this meeting is/was, you can reference the metadata for the engagement, such as the following:

"metadata": {
        "startTime": 1581064200000,
        "endTime": 1581065100000,
        "title": "Test",
        "body": "<p></p>",
        "preMeetingProspectReminders": []
    }

We can see above that this references the startTime and endTime in milliseconds that can be converted to give you the times in standard format to work with.

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
Willson
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi @nitishSliderule 

This is expected behaviour as we do not currently provide the means of cancelling meetings in HubSpot, instead a meeting is deleted if it is not taking place else we assume the meeting occurred as long as it remains on the Contact Record timeline. 

The process for cancelling meetings can be seen here in this thread: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Hub-Tools/Cancel-Meeting/td-p/246540

If you're looking to reference when this meeting is/was, you can reference the metadata for the engagement, such as the following:

"metadata": {
        "startTime": 1581064200000,
        "endTime": 1581065100000,
        "title": "Test",
        "body": "<p></p>",
        "preMeetingProspectReminders": []
    }

We can see above that this references the startTime and endTime in milliseconds that can be converted to give you the times in standard format to work with.

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
wojtolinho
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi @Willson ,

I'd like to refer to the first question stated in this ticket's subject. Currently there's no way of getting deleted HS engagements specifically (neither via Engagements API nor Webhooks). The only way is to GET them ALL and compare to what's been fetched previously.

Do you folks have adding such info in your roadmap? Will Engagements API v3 include that? Or maybe you're planning on expanding Webhooks API for events on Engagements?

Best,

wojtolinho