APIs & Integrations

Alessandro_

How to reset the form fields instead of showing a thank you message?

Hello,

I hope I've picked the right location for this post, but if I didn't, I apologize.

I'm embedding a form via embed code, and upon form submission, I'm showing a full size modal containing a thank you message, triggered by

onFormSubmitted()

I've read on other posts that it's not possible to reset the fields instead of showing a thank you message, so I came up with what I thought was a clever idea: the X button on the modal reloads the page instead of closing the modal.

I thought this would work, but we later realized this is messing up with the Submissions to Page View ratio, as the page reload will of course trigger a second page view.

FYI this is purely a UX/UI issue for us, since we don't actually need people to resubmit the form again. I know I could just let the user close the modal and have them see the inline thank you message, but it's just weird to close a thank you modal and see a second thank you message in another place.

What are my options here?

Migrating from embeds to HTML+API is not an option, as our marketing people need to be able to create and edit forms on a weekly basis, so generating forms with the API is not really a sustainable approach. 

I was thinking of replacing the form with a new one with some JS after submission, but I'm worried this might also count as a double page view.

Hope you can help me out.

Thanks!

Alessandro__1-1710417675685.png

Alessandro__2-1710417696992.png

Alessandro__0-1710417653394.png

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Alessandro_

Hi @evaldas @SteveHTM,

I really appreciate your input, though I’m currently in search of more technical insights related to my question rather than UX advice. We stick to a comprehensive and meticulous UX design process that's already in place, and right now we're not considering changing it.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
SteveHTM
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

Or use the redirect option to take you to a thank-you page with the appropriate message?

Steve Christian

HTM Solutions

https://info.htmsolutions.biz/meetings/stevec2

mobilePhone
+1 6195183009
emailAddress
stevec@htmsolutions.biz
website
www.htmsolutions.biz
address
San Diego, CA
Create Your Own Free Signature
evaldas
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

Hi @Alessandro_ 

Why not get rid of the popup modal and style the inline thank you message? 

So that it would look something like this:

evaldas_0-1710433147487.png

✔️ Did this post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes