APIs & Integrations

amardeep_rai

How to pin an engagement note using the engagement API

SOLVE

Does anyone know if there is a way to pin a note when using the engagement API?

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @servlet@signyourdoc, and @Joep-Channable.

The note pinning feature @3PETE described only applies to the HubSpot UI.

It is still not possible to pin notes or other engagements via API. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any plans to add this to the Engagements or CRM APIs in the foreseeable future.

That said, I found this similar request on the Ideas Forum, where the product team is more likely to see feedback on desired new features. I've upvoted the idea and recommend you do the same, adding a description of your use case as a comment.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
extraderrr
Participant

SOLVE

would like this feature as well. 

RStrydom

SOLVE

😋if its maintained by the end user, show them the pin button?!?!!?

0 Upvotes
RStrydom

SOLVE

I agree, but we did this with a bit of user education, and our "pinned" note, is dedicated links to external resources, which is unlikely to be updated by a user....  Like I showed in the ticket, our note has a heading and a link underneath, and in the back end i coded it so that i check if note is there with my title (not something a user will ever use), if not i will create it, and if the note is there, push an entire new body+timestamp to overwrite any changes that could possibly have been made to the note...

It's not perfect, but right now it beats the **bleep** out of having a note lost in the weeds...

Specifically as to a user creating a new note...  You could probably hammer hubspot and push the update once a minute?  For us, its 6 hours, a bit of user education (and by this I mean a decent note heading that everyone understands), and some automagic coding in the backend...  its 100% hands off, 0 intervention, and I would assume that you wanting it to update via API you have this information coming from an external source, which would most likely not be accessible to the user, which is why you are doing it anyway...

Anyway, just thought I would share the hack I've found, sorry that it couldn't be useful for you.

LaurensBakker
Contributor

SOLVE

Oh yeah, that makes sense for your use case. Good to know that.

Our pinned notes are primarily maintained by end users, so it's a little more messy 😉

0 Upvotes
RStrydom

SOLVE

@amardeep_rai @LaurensBakker @IsaacTakushi @Joep-Channable @servlet @yourstreamlive @3PETE 

Sorry for bumping you guys in the message, but I'm hoping you get this message anyway!!  This is solvable, without having an actual "Pinning" option...   https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Updating-an-Engagement-time/m-p/413059/highlight/...

^^ If you don't care about opening another page here, updating the timestamp of a note to current time (when update occurs) note will jump to the top!  

Hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
LaurensBakker
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the suggestion. Using the timestamp is a little fragile in the interaction between users and machines. If a user creates a new note, that becomes the note with the most recent timestamp (and would implicitly be considered the pinned note using the logic you suggested).

0 Upvotes
LaurensBakker
Contributor

SOLVE
Joep-Channable
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

We really would like this feature as well. Is it possible to give a status update on this? @pmanca

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi, @servlet@signyourdoc, and @Joep-Channable.

The note pinning feature @3PETE described only applies to the HubSpot UI.

It is still not possible to pin notes or other engagements via API. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any plans to add this to the Engagements or CRM APIs in the foreseeable future.

That said, I found this similar request on the Ideas Forum, where the product team is more likely to see feedback on desired new features. I've upvoted the idea and recommend you do the same, adding a description of your use case as a comment.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
yourstreamlive

SOLVE

Hi,

I am looking for this feature as well. The last response was Aug and it was going into beta, has is been released to production yet?

0 Upvotes
3PETE
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@amardeep_rai Right now there isn’t a way to do this. The pinning a note feature was just released/in open beta. This is something we will look to add to the API functionality down the road.

0 Upvotes
servlet

SOLVE

Hi @pmanca, is the "pin" feature available now? thanks for the update.