How to identify a contact in the chat?

lösung
Highlighted
Berater/-in

Hi Isac, im currently evaluating hubSpot and reading the current thread, but I'm not 100% sure I'm getting the issue, in my case I need to identify 100% a user chatting, my site is built with angular and people logs in using Facebook and some simple data, but I need to guarantee that every time a logged user types in a chat, the operator knows exactly who the person is, and on which part of the web site the person is located

Highlighted
Mitwirkender/ Mitwirkende

Hi Camicase,

I don't recommend you use hubspot then. We have been waiting for this to be fixed for months now. With no real update. If you use case is as you describe you can't use Hubspot as it does not work. 

Cheers,

Jonathan

Berater/-in

Hey Jonathan, thanks a lot for your message, any ideas on how to move forward? I'm currently trying tawk.to and have managed to get some stuff working but it just chat, what about using the js api for HubSpot to handle page events and sales process and a third party chat? or would be better to look for something like FreshSales

Antworten
0 Likes
Highlighted
HubSpot-Moderator/-in

Hi, all (especially @sp3@finn, and @camicase82).

Apologies for the delayed response.

We hear you and recognize how critical it is to reliably identify visitors in chats.

@cdewey22 and her team still view this feature as a priority and are aiming to release some functionality in beta in the next handful of weeks. Please stay tuned to this thread and the platform changelog for updates.

In the meantime, the admittedly imperfect workaround I've outlined above is the next best approach.

Isaac Takushi

HubSpot Developer Support
Highlighted
Berater/-in

Thanks a lot for your response, in the meantime I think we'll be using Tawk for the chat part, and HubSpot to manage sales process

Antworten
0 Likes
Highlighted
Berater/-in

I'm having the same here.

var _hsq = (window._hsq = window._hsq || []);
        _hsq.push(["identify",
          {
email: this.$store.getters.user.email, external_account_id: this.$store.getters.user.account.id, external_contact_id: this.$store.getters.user.id, firstname: this.$store.getters.user.first_name, lastname: this.$store.getters.user.last_name, phone: this.$store.getters.user.phone } ]);

Antworten
0 Likes
Highlighted
HubSpot-Moderator/-in

Hi, @mercadoradar.

Thanks for sharing your script.

Are you triggering trackPageView, and HubSpotConversations.widget.refresh() after all of that?

Per the current solutions, this method will not work 100% of the time (some visitors will still show up as "Unknown Visitors," but it should work a good portion of the time if implemented as documented here.

Isaac Takushi

HubSpot Developer Support
Antworten
0 Likes
Highlighted
Berater/-in

@IsaacTakushi

Solution suggested by @mercadoradar has 2 problems:

1. It creates customer in HubSpot (which is not always wanted)

2. As you mentioned - it doesn't work 100% times (and I could say, that for us it works only for 10% cases... I don't know why)

Antworten
0 Likes
Highlighted
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi all- As @IsaacTakushi mentioned this is something my team is working on right now and is a top priority for my team to deliver this functionality to you all. 

I would love some help with the naming of this feature. If you could complete this very short survey that would help us to determine a name that works best for this functionality. Thanks so much in advance for your help with this! 

Survey link: https://www.research.net/r/SMD7N6H

Highlighted

Hi @cdewey22 ,

Is there any news on this feature?

Thanks,

Yon

Highlighted

Has there been any update on this?

Highlighted
HubSpot-Produktteam

We are very close to finishing development! We are working on getting feedback on our API documentation now from a handful of customers and shooting to have the public beta at the end of this month/beginning of July.  As soon as I have more details, I will post a form here to get everyone interested in the beta release! 

Thank you, 

Cassie

Highlighted
Berater/-in

Commenting here to get updates on this feature. It's a beautiful feature that we'd like to implement as soon as it's done. 

Highlighted
Berater/-in

Commenting here to get updates on this feature. We have been suffering in our CS department because of unknown visitors. Please update asap.

Highlighted
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi all- I am going to include our beta form here so you can submit your information for beta access. We will reach out with the next steps once we are closer to the public beta in the next few weeks!

Thank you, 

Cassie

Highlighted

Could you give me access to the form? vitorhpereira@gmail.com

Thanks!

Antworten
0 Likes
Highlighted

Could you give me access to the form? yon@ipos.mx

Thanks!

Antworten
0 Likes
Highlighted
HubSpot-Produktteam

sorry about that! We just updated the permission, if you try again you should be able to access it. 

Thank you!

Antworten
0 Likes
Highlighted
Berater/-in

Hey in the form.. do we need to enter details of a specific customer? also what is hubID.. is it the contact id?

Antworten
0 Likes
Highlighted
HubSpot-Produktteam

@prafful54 sorry that is your portal number. You can find that in the URL. If you can't find it you can leave it blank and we can find it on our end. I will update the form to be a bit more clear. 

Thanks!

Antworten
0 Likes
Highlighted

We just implemented live chat on our site and want to make sure we identify the people using the live chat.   Please send me the beta

I tried the widget refresh code and it does not work.

Highlighted

Any updates on the beta? I signed up but havent heard anything back yet.

Highlighted
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi @gugahoi! The beta is still very small and will be opening up over the coming weeks. We expect to reach out to those who submitted the form at some point in July, so look for an email from us then!

As a note: This API will be available to Pro+ subscriptions across all Hubs (Service, Marketing, Sales, CMS). 

Please let me know if there are any other questions!

Antworten
0 Likes
Highlighted

Why is this limited to Pro+ only subscriptions?    This seems more like a bug fix than a feature to me as a consumer of the product.   I have embedded live chat on my site but cannot track who that person is when they reach out even if I know who they are.

Highlighted

I think so too, this is a bug fix, why do I need a Pro subscription

Antworten
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sachkundiger/ Sachkundige

The API to identify a visitor already exists (https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/events/tracking-code), but it dont work as expected with chat.

I'm not sure to understand why this bug will be fixed only for Pro+ subcriptions.

Highlighted
Stammgast

My company is testing out Hubspot. We want to use live chat in our company intranet. This would be a valuable feature for us!

I don't think we have the Pro+ plan.

Antworten
0 Likes
Highlighted
Neues Mitglied

Is there any progress?

Antworten
0 Likes
Highlighted

When will it be released?

Antworten
0 Likes
Highlighted

@tilly July is almost over, do you have any updates here? We submitted the form long time ago but have not heard back from you yet. Thanks

Antworten
0 Likes