APIs & Integrations

eibach-cv
Contributeur

How to handle partial shipment orders?

Résolue

Does anybody know of a solution for syncing partially shipped orders?

I was thinking of creating a DEAL (ex: 999999) with all LINE_ITEMS (999999-1, 999999-2, 999999-3, etc), then when there is a shipment, associating the LINE_ITEMs 999999-1 and 999999-2 to a new DEAL 999999-1.

The when LINE_ITEM 999999-3 is ready to ship, it would go to a new DEAL 999999-2 and the original DEAL 999999 would be deleted if all line items had been removed.

I just feel like the logic is going to be difficult to get up and running, and thought somebody might have a better solution.

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Josh
Solution
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Résolue

Hi @eibach-cv,

Have you considered using a ticket pipeline to track partially shipped orders?  You could leave the full deal as is and associate the partially shipped item as a ticket. The primary deal could live in a deal stage until the full shipment is complete.

This may or may not work depending on the number of deals and line items you're dealing with, but it would be one potential direction to solve this.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
Josh

Résolue

@eibach-cv,

I believe the line item limitation is 99. 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

0 Votes
Josh

Résolue

Hi @eibach-cv,

Yes, but not out of the box.

I have created reports that pull sales numbers from tickets. It's custom but worked well. You'll also maintain the primary values from the deals as well.

Josh 

Josh Curcio

0 Votes
Josh
Solution

Résolue

Hi @eibach-cv,

Have you considered using a ticket pipeline to track partially shipped orders?  You could leave the full deal as is and associate the partially shipped item as a ticket. The primary deal could live in a deal stage until the full shipment is complete.

This may or may not work depending on the number of deals and line items you're dealing with, but it would be one potential direction to solve this.

Josh

Josh Curcio

eibach-cv
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi Josh,

Thank you for the info.

Would I be able to track sales numbers for the day/month if I use a ticket pipeline? The main reason this is important is so we can build a report that shows how much has been invoiced (shipped out) each day/month.

What are the limitations on number of line items? In most cases its probably 5-10, but there are cases of 25+.

0 Votes