APIs & Integrations

tda_vg

How to grab the "Contact Activity" on the Contact Object from the system?

Hello and thank you for viewing my post! 

I am trying to grab the "Contact Activity" for a specific contact or multiple contacts via the API. I am having difficulty finding the right combination of endpoints to achieve this. For visual contect, I have included a SS of what exactly I would like to grab. I'd like to stay away from using a web scrapper like selenuum and beautifulsoup4 but if that's the only way, so be it.Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 11.41.56 AM.png

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
DBiler
Participant

hi,

where could get a list of other event types? e.g e_visited_page - what is the other example of these?

thanks

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi, @tda_vg.

Thanks for reaching out.

You're in luck! While this wasn't possible for a long time, the new Events API for Web Analytics returns web page view events as e_visited_page event types.

Let me know if you have any questions after reviewing the documentation.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
tda_vg

Hi Isaac! I actually did that endpoint already and it was very nifty. However we're still missing some "Contact Activity" data. We're missing almost all the other categories like "Marketing email" and "Call-to-action". Does this make sense? Thank you for your reply and appreciate the support greatly.

0 Upvotes
tda_vg

bump

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi, @tda_vg.

Thank you for clarifying. I specifically mentioned page views because that was the timeline event type highlighted in the screenshot above.

While there are plans to expand the Events API I linked to support most, if not all, events which appear on record timelines, the current approach is piecemeal. Indeed, at this time, some event types cannot be retrieved at all.

For example, the Email Events API surfaces marketing email events like sends (SENT), deliveries (DELIVERED), opens (OPEN), and clicks (CLICK), but there is currently no way to pull Call-to-action events via API.

If CTA events are crucial for your use case, you'll have to explore alternative methods like exports (for high-level data) or web scrapers.

If you have questions about other types of timeline events, let me know. 

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager