APIs & Integrations

tomas1

How to get "mange email subscription" link for specific contact

SOLVE

When a contact receives marketing email  he/she has the option to manage subscription preference by visiting a link in a email simmilar to this:

https://hs-7873029.s.hubspotemail.net/hs/manage-preferences/unsubscribe?utm_content=106570937&_hsenc...

How can I get this link / generate this link from Hubspot API 

Example implementation: in our platform we want to provide a link in the Accounts profile page that contact can click and get to this location to directly change marketing emails with hubspot

1 Accepted solution
lynton
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Unfortunately it's not possible to generate or fetch this URL to the HubSpot subscription management page. The best suggestion I can offer is to make a custom subscription management page or HubSpot form for your accounts profile page.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
devatsunnybyte

SOLVE

+1 we are badly in need of this feature as well.

Is it possible for us to generate a link that can send the contact to manage their communication preferences? 

We can share this link to the user via their account preferences within our application.

0 Upvotes
lynton
Solution

SOLVE

Unfortunately it's not possible to generate or fetch this URL to the HubSpot subscription management page. The best suggestion I can offer is to make a custom subscription management page or HubSpot form for your accounts profile page.

JannieEngen
Contributor

SOLVE

How to make a custom subscription managment page? 
Have the same request as above that we want to have an URL telling our users "update your preferences for communication here" and this URL needs to be placed in our software solution or on our homepage. 

As far as I can se the URL is personal an can only be generated thorugh an email sendout. Therefor we have created a page with a form with only an emailfiled. The contact then gets a "welcome" email after filling out that form with personal link to their subscription page. The issue with this is that in order to set up the workflow I had to set default mark as marketing contact, along with choosing a subscription to add them to. 

This will not work since I a) don`t want to opt them into something that they them self have not opted into b) a lot of our users will only recive transactional emails and I don`t want the contact to be marked as a marketing contact since I will only send transactinal emails.

Hope this makes sense and that someone has found a solution to this!

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @tomas1 

Adding a couple of folks to the conversation 😀

@Phil_Vallender , @lynton have either of you done this?

0 Upvotes