APIs & Integrations

sathish

How to export contact timeline events?

Hi @dadams: Actually I would to migrate the contacts and related details (like timeline events,notes,email and etz.,) from one hubspot account into another hubspot account.

when I export the contacts, it exported only contact but not related details.

Question: Can you please explain how do i migrate contacts along with related details from one hubspot account into another hubspot account.

23 Replies 23
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Sure thing, @deepak_b. Sorry that isn't possible.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey, @deepak_b.

Apologies, I may have misunderstood your original question. You asked:

Is it possible in any way to be able to move view-only contact records like no. of marketing emails opened, no. of sessions, etc.?

While it is not possible to transfer these values to a different account and make the new account combine or use historical values (e.g. import a contact with 6 page views and the next time they visit, raise the count to 7), you can export these read-only property values and import them into a custom contact property in the new account.

For example, let's say a contact has a value of 10 for the Marketing emails clicked property. You cannot export this value and overwrite the new account's Marketing emails clicked value, but you can create a custom contact property with the name Historical marketing emails clicked and fill it with the value 10 for that contact.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
deepakbisht
Participant | Diamond Partner

Yeah I've been told this and we'll be doing this but ideally wanted contact timelines moved exactly. Thanks for the help.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @deepak_b,

Is your client simply upgrading their subscription within the same account, or moving their data to a different account?

• If they are upgrading within the same account, no data will be lost.
  • If they are attempting to migrate the data from one account to another, this is not possible.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
deepakbisht

Hi @Isaac_Takushi,

The client is moving to a different account. They currently have multiple pro subscriptions and they are moving to a single enterprise subscription. I suppose this doesn't change your response above?

0 Upvotes
deepakbisht

Hi all,

One of our clients is moving from Hubspot Pro to Enterprise and they don't want to lose any data. Is it possible in any way to be able to move view-only contact records like no. of marketing emails opened, no. of sessions, etc.?

Best,
Deepak

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @arno.bultereys,

If you don’t have any access to development resources, you’re going to have trouble using the HubSpot APIs for a complete export, even with my help. I would recommend looking into some 3rd party migration services that can do the export for you. Companies like Import2 and Trujay Group offer various levels of migration services:

https://www.import2.com/

http://trujay.com/hubspot-migrations/

0 Upvotes
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @arno.bultereys,

You can use the engagements API to pull all engagements; the engagements will include their associations, so you can associate them with the relevant records on your end:

0 Upvotes
arno_bultereys

Hi Derek,

Thanks for reaching out.

We are only a small company with no developper, nor a person with any knowledge about coding, ‘get commands’, etc. We will need a detailed step-by-step guide of all actions we must undertake. Could you give me one please?

Best regards,
Arno

0 Upvotes
Sapna_Girimalla

Hi Arno.. Were you able to complete the export ?

0 Upvotes
arno_bultereys

Hi there,

I’m currently struggling with a very similar same issue. Our company will move from Hubspot Enterprise to ZOHO, hence I would like to expot ALL our data. This includes engagement data like logged calls, meetings, notes, etc. (all user related information).

I was told by Hubspot support to try export engagement data by performing a ‘get-command’. I only succeed in ‘getting’ all engagement data contact by contact. We’ve got tens of thousands contacts, I cannot perform a get-command for each contact separately.

Have you got any other suggestions for me?

Best,
Arno

0 Upvotes
doni

Hello Everyone,

My boss found a way to export that information. You can do it through custom reports and pick the fields and the date ranges you need from there to pull that data! Hope this helps.

ashley_milne
Top Contributor

Hi @sathish -

Are you trying to do the export/import via CSV?

It is not currently possible to export engagements (activities, notes from your timeline) from Hubspot. Here is a complete list of what is currently supported: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/cos-general/what-data-can-i-export-from-hubspot

It’s also important to note that you cannot manually import these via CSV either - you must use API in either case.

If you are interested, we have an API connector where you can move data between Hubspot accounts, including the engagements, attachments, etc. Feel free to give it a try with a free sample here: https://www.import2.com/hubspot/crm/from/hubspot

Hope this helps!
Ashley

0 Upvotes
sathish

@ashley: Is your tool (https://www.import2.com/hubspot/crm/from/hubspot) will import the contacts along with related details (like notes and timeline activities)?

I know very well about the timeline api but timeline api would work only for custom event timeline not core activities which is created by hubspot.

Can you please confirm whether it is possible to migrate the core timeline activities via api from one hubspot to another hubspot?

0 Upvotes
sathish

@ashley: Can you please respond me as soon as possible.

0 Upvotes
ashley_milne
Top Contributor

@sathish Yes, our tool migrates the standard engagements from the timeline (calls, emails, meetings, tasks, notes)

Are you moving from CRM or from Marketing?

0 Upvotes
sathish

@ashley:

Are you moving from CRM or from Marketing? => Marketing

now, Is it possible to migrate the standard engagements from the timeline (calls, emails, meetings, tasks, notes) using api?

0 Upvotes
ashley_milne
Top Contributor

@sathish yes, it’s possible to migrate the standard engagements over the API

0 Upvotes
sathish

Hi @ashley: Can you please let me know exact api url to get the standard engagements for the particular contact?

0 Upvotes
sathish

@ashley : can you please let me know exact api url?

0 Upvotes