APIs & Integrations

TDittberner

How to enable graphiql

SOLVE

I am trying to use graphiql.  When I click the link provided in the documentation to get to the graphiql tool here: https://app.hubspot.com/graphiql/14529236

I get this error message: "Your user account does not have access to Graphiql. Please contact your account administrator to adjust your permission settings".

I am a super admin with all permissions and we have enterprise.  How do I enable this?

1 Accepted solution
ChrisoKlepke
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

How to enable graphiql

SOLVE

Hey @TDittberner,

there is a tiny bit of documentation on the endpoint here, but since it uses the same query methods, it's mostly the same. 

Of course, this endpoint has rate limits as well that differ from the usual ones. It's a rather complex point system that calculates the limit accordingly. 

What you're describing though sounds to me like a case where you want to employ webhooks. Have you considered that method? Here is a nice guide to outline what it is about.

I would also challenge the assumption to look for changes according to the lastmodifieddate. If e.g. a contact changes, it might be on a field that's just not relevant for the integration you're building. With the contact.propertyChange Webhook, you could get notified when changes to a particular property are made. And this is usually the bread and butter behind sync services. 

Hope that helps, mate. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
TDittberner

How to enable graphiql

SOLVE

I think the webhooks are exactly what we need.

ChrisoKlepke

How to enable graphiql

SOLVE

Hey @TDittberner , 

can you confirm you have CMS Hub Professional or Enterprise?

Best,

Chriso

0 Upvotes
TDittberner

How to enable graphiql

SOLVE

No, that must be a requirement.  I could find nothing in the billing documentation or options showing graphq as an option or included in any package.

ChrisoKlepke

How to enable graphiql

SOLVE

Hey @TDittberner

yeah, this is actually a feature exclusive to the CMS Pro and up. You can find the information on top of this page of the documentation.

This isn't for sure the answer you were looking for and doesn't solve the issue you are facing. However, I would be truly thankful if you would mark this post as a solution, as it helps other community members find answers to similar questions quicker. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

0 Upvotes
TDittberner

How to enable graphiql

SOLVE

We may want to get this.  Most of the documentation references how to use graphql in web pages, but I also find references saying that you can use it as an endpoint to pull data.  What we are trying to do is a bi-directionl sync and it is hard using the existing endpoints to get the data needed.  I saw a post recommending graphql for this.  A couple questions.  Is there documentation with a simple example on how to set this up for server to server (basically doing a postman call).  One major issue that I have is we have about 500k contacts an I hit limits all the time.  I try to get all changed contacts for the recent day and sometimes there will be over 100k that have lastmodifieddate for the last day as it must update them when it does marketing or other things.  I want to find only contacts that had updates from contacts.  A good query solution like graphql would solve this.  Are there any limits on how much data can be returned with a qraphql request?

ChrisoKlepke
Solution

How to enable graphiql

SOLVE

Hey @TDittberner,

there is a tiny bit of documentation on the endpoint here, but since it uses the same query methods, it's mostly the same. 

Of course, this endpoint has rate limits as well that differ from the usual ones. It's a rather complex point system that calculates the limit accordingly. 

What you're describing though sounds to me like a case where you want to employ webhooks. Have you considered that method? Here is a nice guide to outline what it is about.

I would also challenge the assumption to look for changes according to the lastmodifieddate. If e.g. a contact changes, it might be on a field that's just not relevant for the integration you're building. With the contact.propertyChange Webhook, you could get notified when changes to a particular property are made. And this is usually the bread and butter behind sync services. 

Hope that helps, mate. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

TDittberner

How to enable graphiql

SOLVE

I am trying to create a webhook app.  I signed up for a developer account and then went to create the app.  I added the basic info and scopes.  When I go to the webhook tab, the event subscriptions are blank.  What do I need to do to get the objects I subscribed to to show up here?

0 Upvotes