APIs & Integrations

rprconnect
Participant

How to create predefined Enumerated Deal property value?

SOLVE

Hello, 

I have a Deal property field which lists all vendor names. 

Field Name: Vendor Name

Field Values: Vendor 1, Vendor 2, Vendor 3 etc., 

I source all vendor names using a webform. Upon each registration, I would like to add the vendor name automatically to the predefined list of the mentioned field. 

P.S: Intention is to automate below: 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/manage-enumeration-property-optionsI would like to avoid adding this manual step of "Add Option" each time a vendor registers form and automate it. 

Appreciate your help. 

How can I achieve this? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @rprconnect 

To do this we would need to write and API script (and run it somewhere) that takes any new vendor name submitted by form and appends it to the options already in the vendor list. 

Based on a quick read of the API documentation I suspect it might be necessary to pass the whole list each time - 'no way to append or remove a single value' - and we would need to test this to ensure it does not impact existing data - I assume it will not. 

DM me if you need someone to build this for you.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @rprconnect 

To do this we would need to write and API script (and run it somewhere) that takes any new vendor name submitted by form and appends it to the options already in the vendor list. 

Based on a quick read of the API documentation I suspect it might be necessary to pass the whole list each time - 'no way to append or remove a single value' - and we would need to test this to ensure it does not impact existing data - I assume it will not. 

DM me if you need someone to build this for you.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency