APIs & Integrations

maelle
Participant

How to create a test account with access to less scopes

:wave: here!

I wonder whether it is possible to create a Hubspot test account that only has the same permissions as "any marketing/CRM account". In the docs I read "Test accounts have access to Enterprise versions of the HubSpot Marketing, Sales, and Service Hubs, allowing you to test most of the HubSpot tools and APIs." so it doesn't seem switchable?

I'd like to create an account with less permissions in order to be able to test how my app handles errors when an user doesn't have an account app that can access my app's optional scopes (cf https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/oauth2/initiate-oauth-integration#scopes).

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Hello @maelle

Nice question though.

We can test the same with Enterprise level permissions too. All we need to do is divide and arrange vour scopes into two parts: 1. Scopes and 2. Optional Scopes.

While setting up an oauth 2.0, we can keep the scopes that are supposed to be under a paid account under optional_scopes parameter. The other remaining scopes which are very basic and required for running of an APP can be kept under scopes. It better helps HubSpot to recognise the scopes according to the portal and the user permissions going through oauth process.

If we talk about minimal scopes required for a marketplace APP then it should be oauth then. Next to it you can have contacts as well. These two are always available for a Free CRM too.

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
0 Upvotes
maelle
Participant

Thank you! However this does not answer my question, I'd like to create a test account hat doesn't have access to the optional scopes to test the behavior of my app for such accounts. But maybe it's simply impossible to do that.

0 Upvotes