APIs & Integrations

darrengates

How to create a local copy of a global module

I'm trying to follow these directions to create a local instance of a global module:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/can-i-make-changes-to-a-global-module-in-only-one-template

However, these docs seem out of date. This line does not seem to work - i.e., there is no right inspector pane at all when I click on a module other than the list of fields for the module, and I don't see a "More" drop-down menu at all.

"In the right inspector pane, click the More dropdown menu and select Make a local copy."

5 Replies 5
KCarter
Participant

Hi, Dennis, thanks for your reply!

Apologies, I was not aware there were different interfaces. Thanks for letting me know!

And I only need to make a copy within the Design Manager. I have a need to duplicate a global module that I could change to a non-global asset. Do you think you have any tips for me?

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@KCarter 

Made a gif for you here

WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @darrengates,

On my end, I'm still seeing the 'More' button:

more.png

In this case, could you share with me the module that is in question? 

0 Upvotes
KCarter
Participant

I know this is an old thread, but I don't see that it was resolved and I am having the same experience as Darren. I don't see your screen at all when following the instructions Darren linked. This is the screen shown when following the instructions:

Capture1.JPG

As you can see, there is the option to edit the global module in the right pane, but there are no Add/Edit tabs, no More dropdown menus, only styling options. Is there an updated thread somewhere else?

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

@KCarter , that article only applies to the Drag and Drop templates.  It appears that you are looking at a module in the Design Manager. I am also curious if you are trying to make a local copy in the Design Manager or actually download to your computer(confusing language, I know, but in the past you could not actually fetch a copy to your computer).

If the latter is the case, you can use the fetch command with the CLI to get that module.

0 Upvotes