APIs & Integrations

mubashir
Participant

How to create a hubspot App, Similar to the ones in the marketplace having a custom UI?

Hey community, I need to create a hubspot app that will be used by various hubspot accounts. I need to customize it but I am not able to grasp how it could be done, as their is no place on hubspot where I can put any custom code for my app. Can anyone help me how can i build an app like the the ones already in the marketplace. It's urgent .

5 Replies 5
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

How to create a hubspot App, Similar to the ones in the marketplace having a custom UI?

Hey @mubashir,

When looking to add custom code to your app, you'll need to add it on your own backend app development. For i.e. nodeJS on Atom.

Additionally, here's a free course that may be helpful for your team as it guides you on how to build your first fully featured web app: Tutorial: How to Make a Web App | HubSpot Academy

mubashir
Participant

actually i want to use this application to synchronise data between hubspot and another provider. Will it be possible to do so using this. and how can i access this app within hubspot, I meant to say, while i create a UI for the app and connect it with hubspot can I access it with hubspot or I have to access it where my app is hosted.

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @mubashir,

Based on your use, I would expect that to do possible using the HubSpot app. 

You can access your HubSpot app on your developer portal - More details here: API Overview | HubSpot API

However, to access the code of the app, you'd need to access it on your backend system. 

0 Upvotes
mubashir
Participant

I got how it will work, can you please tell me this,

the app that i am going to build will be used by multiple hubspot accounts as I will publish it in marketplace,

1: - is it possible for me to create custom properties with that app, Is it possible to setup something like when user installs the app, and authenticates it, it should create custom properties that I need in every account that installs this app. further while syncing process, I should be able to insert or update values on both sides using this app. 

2:- How can I map, hubspot fields to external CRM fields for e.g I have Opportunities in my native CRM and Deals in Hubspot, how can i map it's fields, so that I can sync the data all together. 

0 Upvotes
WendyGoh
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @mubashir,

Let's walk through your questions one by one:

1. It is definitely possible to create custom properties on portal that installed your app. For this, you can use the CRM API | Properties to create a/a batch of properties. 

2. By knowing what's the field that you're mapping, you can inserting the value accordingly and use the CRM API | Deals to update the deals object in HubSpot. 

0 Upvotes