APIs & Integrations

RahulBarpha
Participant

How to create HubSpot App

Hello Team,

I need to create a HubSpot App for getting the user contact list data. When User setup app in his/her  HubSpot account after that we will get permission to access contract list data and we will add some other fields also.

Please help me and provide details ASAP.

Thanks

Rahul

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @RahulBarpha 

If you're looking to create an App on HubSpot, you can refer to our documentation here that runs through the process: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/faq/how-do-i-create-an-app-in-hubspot

In relation to the Contacts List aspect of your query, Lists are collections of contact objects in HubSpot, and interacting with them programmatically involves using the Contact Lists API (see here). This can be done with only the contacts scope.

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Upvotes
RahulBarpha
Participant

Hello Willson,

Thanks for your support and as per document I have created one demo app in my account.

With the help of OAuth URL, I have setup app also but I have some doubt please see below questions.

Q1 - How to know which user access create an app?

Q2 - When we run the OAuth URL at that time we will get code. is this code working for all time for generating a token?

Please clear my doubt.

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hey @RahulBarpha 

1. Are you looking to understand which user has installed the integration or are you looking to know which Portals currently have the integration installed?

In both scenarios, we do not currently provide the means of detailing whom or where the portal has been installed.

2. The auth code will expire 10 minutes after it’s generated, so you’ll want to make sure that you’re generating the refresh token and initial access token before that (though generally you should be doing that as soon as your app gets that code).

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Upvotes