APIs & Integrations

j_j
Miembro

How to change position of HubSpot chat icon

resolver

Hi,

Please can someone tell me how to change the position of the HubSpot chat icon. We have an embed code (JavaScript) and the chat icon appears on the bottom right. Can we change this position, say to bottom left?

Thanks in advance,
J

1 Soluciones aceptada
IsaacTakushi
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @j_j,

At this time, it is not possible to reposition the live chat widget.

I certainly see value in being able to do so, however. I recommend upvoting and commenting on this HubSpot Community Idea to help it become a reality. This information is sent directly to our Product team and helps prioritize feature requests that have the greatest impact on our customers. I’ve already upvoted the idea and will also do my part and pass your feedback along through internal channels.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

15 Respuestas 15
IThompson
Participante

resolver

Hello, 

Now we are able to change the side of the chat icon. Please go to settings > Tools: Inbox > Inboxes > Channels: Chat: view > Chat widget placement - See image below:

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 4.41.02 PM.png

Please, let met me know if you guys have any question 😁

Jannick
Miembro

resolver

Hi! I juts tried this solution but the option isn't available for me. Did you change the location of where this setting can be found? 

0 Me gusta
JRyan7
Miembro

resolver

Looking to deal with the same issue my theme has a fixed footer on mobiles and your chat icon overalays over the top of that footer. So looking to move your icon !

Ninailes
Miembro

resolver

that won't work and I find Hubspot chat box is not as good at this SMS app we installed https://app.salesmessage.com/  collect ppl cell phone and your chat with them is on their SMS not on the browser. 

0 Me gusta
MRoman7
Miembro

resolver

Do you know how to manage this issue of change the position of HubSpot chat icon?

SMathiasen
Participante

resolver

Any update on this? It is quite usefull to be able to move it around

0 Me gusta
BSimmons1
Miembro

resolver

This has been an option for a while now. Settings > Inbox > Inboxes > Choose your inbox in the dropdown > Hover your mouse on the Chat channel section and click on Edit > You can here choose where to display the widget on your website. 

CMcKeown
Participante

resolver

We would like this feature too. Can you please give us a timeframe?

0 Me gusta
MSchipper
Participante

resolver

We need this feature too. We want it in our top bar because we already have a notification icon in the bottom corners 

NDigitalStore
Participante

resolver

Need it ASAP

Ninailes
Miembro

resolver

we need this feature too. Is it a thing yet?

Electro-spaz
Participante

resolver

I was wondering the same thing. It must be doable via either CSS or by editing the associated PHP with hubspot plugin for wordpress. Looking into it, it's !important.

jpas
Participante

resolver

hi,

it's been a few years since this was asked. has this feature made it to the roadmap yet? i think this would be a very useful feature to add.

it would be great to move it as it currently intereferes with our cookie warning and i believe the recaptcha v3 widget on some pages.

thanks,

jp

IsaacTakushi
Solución
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @j_j,

At this time, it is not possible to reposition the live chat widget.

I certainly see value in being able to do so, however. I recommend upvoting and commenting on this HubSpot Community Idea to help it become a reality. This information is sent directly to our Product team and helps prioritize feature requests that have the greatest impact on our customers. I’ve already upvoted the idea and will also do my part and pass your feedback along through internal channels.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
MRoman7
Miembro

resolver

Do you know how to manage this issue of change the position of HubSpot chat icon? 2022

0 Me gusta