APIs & Integrations

Neenu
Mitglied

How to associate data correctly to a contact if Hubspot multi-step form does not have email address

I have created a multi-step form in Hubspot using Hubspot forms on my landing page. The current order is user details in first form and related questions in second form. But as per the new requirement, the order needs to be changed with questions appearing first and user details appearing second. When I checked with Hubspot support they told me to add an email field to each step or else the data will not be associated with the right contact. Is that the only solution or is there any other way I can achieve this? eg using Forms API. I am quite new to hubspot so any information will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Neenu

0 Upvotes
1 Antwort
cbarley
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

How to associate data correctly to a contact if Hubspot multi-step form does not have email address

Hi @Neenu , in this case support seems to have it right. You could potentially ask for their email address in the first step, and cookie tracking would take care of the second step since you'd know the contact by then. If you already know their email address before they fill out the form, you could use the tracking code api to identify a visitor.

If you use the Forms API, you wouldn't be able to use native hubspot forms. You could certainly use some JavaScript to serialize the data from step one, store that in local storage or in your own custom cookie, or in the URL bar, then use some javascript and the forms API to grab all the data and send via one payload to HubSpot. 

0 Upvotes