APIs & Integrations

Guna_Pandian

How to assign contacts to a hubspot team

SOLVE

I've created a team with a two users. I checked in contact detail screen which has option for owner team. But it is not editable.

How to assign a contact to a team instead of to a user?

Thanks,
Guna

1 Accepted solution
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Guna_Pandian,

The HubSpot Owner property can only be set to individual users; a contact cannot be assigned to a team. However, team members can have permission to view/edit contacts that are assigned to anyone on their team.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Derek_Gervais
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Guna_Pandian,

The HubSpot Owner property can only be set to individual users; a contact cannot be assigned to a team. However, team members can have permission to view/edit contacts that are assigned to anyone on their team.

JGarcia04

SOLVE

I've made sure the team members are all in the right team but the team members aren't able to see eachothers contacts. They can only see theirs. How do I fix this?

0 Upvotes
JesusRamos
Participant

SOLVE
It’d be great if HubSpot allows this feature and let us assign contacts directly to team.
Emilfriis
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Jesus. I'm a little late to the party, but just wanna chime in. A workaround we use is to make a faux user with the team name; assign all contacts to this user; and make sure that user is on the team you initially wanted to assign the contacts to. This should solve what you are trying to achieve. 

ericseger1

SOLVE
Hi Derek - I have a similar problem that I’m having trouble finding the answer to. I’m hoping you know the answer!

I’m want someone (who’s on a team) to be allowed to create contacts that people outside of the team can see. I believe I can leave the contact unassigned, but I’m hoping I’ll be able to keep the contact assigned to the person on the team.
0 Upvotes