APIs & Integrations

APontes

How should I call hubspot api when need send email

SOLVE

I have some situation in my systems where I need recover user e-mail or send info about some user purchases.
So, I need call hubspot api passing some parameters like:
email -> the user e-mail to hubspot send e-mail,
emailTemplateId -> Id of some template email definided in hubspot
data -> generic data to bind in email template like purchase info
It's not a option to my company to buy transactional e-mail in this moment.
We was using mailchimp and now we acquire hubspot and need turn off mailchimp.
We will do all marketing campaing using hubspot, but we also have this especific situation tha need some solution before turn off mailchimp.
We are using nodejs here and I am taking a look in workflow enroll to see if it could atend us, but I also see that there is just to parameters in this resouce, that is: email and workflowId, but don't have the possibility to sendo generic data.
Can you guys help me with this ?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
lynton
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi,

My suggestion is to use the HubSpot Contacts API to create/update a contact by email address. You can send in any combination of custom contact properties, which can then be used to trigger workflows in HubSpot. The HubSpot contact workflows will then be used to send an automated email personalized with the tokens you sent into the API.

There is technically not a way to do exactly what you're requesting without the Transaction Email / Single Send API which supports sending emails via specific templates. The way I described above would enable HubSpot workflows to send the emails based on the values you send to the contact record. I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
lynton
Solution

SOLVE

Hi,

My suggestion is to use the HubSpot Contacts API to create/update a contact by email address. You can send in any combination of custom contact properties, which can then be used to trigger workflows in HubSpot. The HubSpot contact workflows will then be used to send an automated email personalized with the tokens you sent into the API.

There is technically not a way to do exactly what you're requesting without the Transaction Email / Single Send API which supports sending emails via specific templates. The way I described above would enable HubSpot workflows to send the emails based on the values you send to the contact record. I hope this helps! 

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@alyssamwilie , @lynton do you all have suggestions for this type of transition?

0 Upvotes