APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

How increment a number value property for a contact?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to increment the numerical value of a contact property ?

Thank you

6 Replies 6
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @avichopra wanted to add here if you haven't found a solution and for future Community users that would like to know the same, you are able to create a contact workflow with this action to increase a number value property for a contact.

68fxYKGyMT.gif

The gif above shows in a deal workflow but will also work for a contact workflow type..

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

nicowegher
Contributor

Hi @PamCotton and @cbarley I wanted to try this aproach however found some issues.

I'm trying to create an atribution model for deals. Example:

Contacts in the Deal read a blog post THEN Increase blog_atribution property +1

Contacts in the Deal visist pricing page THEN Increase pricing_atribution property +1

The problem is that activities like this ones are executite from the contact, and the increase/decrease funtion in WF won't allow me to use it to modify a deal property, which is where I want to save the atribution model.

In short: I'm not able to increase a deal property by a contact triggering.

Any  idea on how to solve this?

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hey @morganbigot, Can you provide a bit more context around what you're looking to do? Happy to dig into this for you, but need to understand a bit further what your overall goals are. We do now have a field type called calculation properties which you can use in-app which you can check out here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/create-calculation-properties

0 Upvotes
avichopra
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

@cbarley this will not help when we are using the API to update the value. We have a numeric property which we need to increment when we call the API. As of now only thing I can do is set an actual value. But i want to be able to increment the value of the property using the API. Is there a way to do that?

Right now workflow allows the increment of contact property, but i cannot find a way to do it via API.

0 Upvotes
cbarley
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @avichopra , there isn't a way to do that at the moment unless you GET that particular item by ID, find it's value, then increment it by 1 and PUT it into HubSpot. Or, you could use the workflows API to enroll contacts into a workflow that does just that. Is there any reason why you'd need to use the API instead of just automating this process with a workflow?

0 Upvotes
aruizc
Contributor

Hi @cbarley  What I miss is being able to increase/decrease a property value from the contact record trhrough a Deal-based workflow. This is, when something happens in the Deal, increase this property in the contact record which is associated to this deal. Do you know if this is possible?

Trying it the other way around from a Contact-based workflow won't work as the Deal trigger is not admitted as re-enrolment.