APIs & Integrations

gourav_evrcare
Participant

How do I sync data between hubspot and our backend database

Like many other companies, we have our users data in Hubspot and as well as in our backend database (backend data comes from user app). 

- Now we want to sync this data between both paltforms (hubspot and backend db) so that our operation team who use hubspot can see the fresh data updated by user from our app.

- Our operation team can also update this data from hubspot and it should reflect back in our backend database.

It seems like we need 2-way syncronisation to keep the data fresh in both the platforms.

How other companies are tackling this challenge? What are the best practices and tools out there?

In our case, our backend database is Firebase firestore (nosql) database which is connected to user app. 

8 Replies 8
RGroothuis
Participant

What is the best way to solve this challenge? Apart from using a 3rd party solution like Zapier! Anybody solved this Firebase HubSpot data sync problem?

0 Upvotes
Eric_Goldman
Participant

Hi @RGroothuis we've continued to improve our syncs at Sequin and depending on the size of your HubSpot instance you can start for free.

If you want to build a full two-way sync on your own, we just updated our guide on how to architect a sync between HubSpot and your database:

004_architecture

0 Upvotes
RGroothuis
Participant

Thanks for the suggestion and feedback. I’ve checked the linked article and found out that it only describes synchronisation with Progress. My question was about sync data with Firebase. Do you have any solution for Firebase as well?

Regards Rene.
0 Upvotes
Eric_Goldman
Participant

We just wrote up a guide for building a sync between HubSpot and Postgres. I know you are using NoSQL @gourav_evrcare, but the process for building the sync will be similar:

https://blog.sequin.io/hubspot-to-postgres/

1. Setup Authentication / Token Management with HubSpot
  2. Create a process to manage your quota.
  3. Backfill your data
  4. Poll the `/search` endpoint for changes
  5. Handle migrations004_architecture

RIseli
Participant

The most practical way would be to have a request for contacts, companies ect. where you can define you want all properties of these objects returned. Does something like this exist?
Adding each property manually is really far handy nor efficent.

0 Upvotes
ORon
Participant

I just have the same exact use case and I'm curious to learn how others have solved it.

0 Upvotes
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

Hello @gourav_evrcare 

In case of data flow from HubSpot to your platform, I would suggest you to make use of HubSpot WebHooks.

This will help you to send all updated related to Contacts, companies and deals back to your server from where you can process them to your database.
Next, for sending your data to HubSpot, we have many useful and optimal HubSpot APIs like create or update contact, create/update deal etc.

Thanks

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
gourav_evrcare
Participant

That's the most granular way of doing data sync in which we get full control but maintaining it is the real pain in the a**. For example we need to modify api, webhook, and backend db structure every time there is new property created/existing property modified/deleted etc. How to reduce these efforts? I don't have much exposure when it comes to other companies implementation but is that really how they do it? 

I wish if there's a tool out there that does the heavy work of maintaining contact properties on both platforms.

0 Upvotes