APIs & Integrations

ROutram

How do I get the email address and/or name of a user viewing a page that has signed in via sso?

Hi,

I am wondering if its possible get the user name or email address of the user that is viewing a page and has signed on via single-sign (SSO)?

I am hoping to get them names / email addresses and send them to google tag manager via the data layer to use in analytics as a dimension.

Any ideas how this is possible?

I tried {{ account }} and {{ contact }} but they both just printed '{{ account }}' and '{{ contact }} in the page when I added it to a module.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

How do I get the email address and/or name of a user viewing a page that has signed in via sso?

Hi @ROutram 

Unfortunately this is not something we support. We do not provide any user details on a page-level for security reasons, hence why it would not be possible to fetch these values using any HubL variables. 

For the full extent of what variables are supported, you can take a look at our documentation here:

https://designers.hubspot.com/docs/hubl/hubl-supported-variables

Within this documentation you will find the different variables and where they're supported e.g the Website Page Variables is where variables are available for site pages, landing pages, system pages, and blogs - This then goes into the details of said variables and how to use them.

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Upvotes
ROutram

Thats a shame. Would it still be a security risk though if it was only displayed to logged in users? Surely if its only printe once a secure session is created then its secure?

0 Upvotes
Willson
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @ROutram 

That would be correct, if there was a login and a secure portal where the user accesses this information, then it would be secure and would make sense to have this data available. 

In this case though, we do not provide the relevant HubL tags that would output this value, regardless of the circumstances around whether or not the data is populated. 

Thanks

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Upvotes