APIs & Integrations

Not applicable

How do I get the avatar/logo of a contact/company?

SOLVE

What’s the quickest way to get the url of the avatar when fetching contacts and companies?

I don’t see it in any of the responses from test api calls.

1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi all,

Avatar images still cannot be retrieved, set, or updated for contacts or companies through the APIs.

If you would like to see this functionality added, please upvote and comment on this feature request, following these best practices. If your use case is different than that idea, feel free to post a new request.

That said, HubSpot still tries to fill contact and company avatars from its proprietary database and via social media and other sites. Gravatars, for example, are often picked up for contacts while logos are picked up for companies. See this article for more information.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19
jbrindeau

SOLVE

Hello,

@IsaacTakushi Is it now possible to send the avatar of a profile via the API ?

I have URLs of profile pictures that I want to import to Hubspot automatically.

Thank you

evargas
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi there! 

Any updates about this issue? This can be very helpful in situations where, for example, you will automatize replies from a contact owner and you code a custom email template with a signature including the avatar of the contact owner. There is no option to retrieve this info, just the name and lastname can be accesed from the "owner" dic. Would be great to have something like {{ owner.avatar }} which would print a public url to the profile image.

Or for example when you want to show a user avatar when they login in a membership page.

mseibert
Contributor

SOLVE

Any update on this issue?

UniversityCoWor
Participant

SOLVE

Hello, has this feature been added? It would be very helpful. Thank you.

IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Toladigit,

Welcome!

No, this feature is not yet available. Please upvote and comment on this feature request following these best practices.

I will not update this thread if/when this becomes a feature. Please follow the Ideas Forum thread.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
arthurcreek
Participant

SOLVE

Is this a very important feature available now? Or do we need to wait for some years?
Any format or any way. Programmers cannot make full automation of collecting contacts.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hello Hubspot,
Is this feature available now?

IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi all,

Avatar images still cannot be retrieved, set, or updated for contacts or companies through the APIs.

If you would like to see this functionality added, please upvote and comment on this feature request, following these best practices. If your use case is different than that idea, feel free to post a new request.

That said, HubSpot still tries to fill contact and company avatars from its proprietary database and via social media and other sites. Gravatars, for example, are often picked up for contacts while logos are picked up for companies. See this article for more information.

Isaac Takushi

kasparp

SOLVE

I was thinking to maybe get the photo from the 'profile_url' but there you can also see all the data but no avatar: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/5049387/lists/public/contact/_AO_T-mMM8phpwNi-jjYzzN9-XQuXJSCKu4ovb...

Maybe you can make it possible to have the photo over there and then can scrap at least from there? It shouldn't be a big deal probably also to add just the link to the image URL into API.

Or is there an option to send avatar photo to HubSpot? My issue is that I need data in 2-3 places and don't need to be able to upload/update avatar in all places. So it could be an option to only upload avatar outside HubSpot and then it gets uploaded via API to HubSpot.

Michal_Stepien

SOLVE

Hello, any update on this issue? It looks like API still does not allow to pull avatars.

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @eric,

I appreciate the feedback. I definitely don't intend to condescend; I generally only redirect folks to the Ideas Forum because that's where we're trying to aggregate all feedback from all sources. Posting a suggestion here might be seen by more 3rd party devs, but the feedback that's posted to the Ideas Forum is actively monitored by the HubSpot product team, so it's a better place for popular ideas (API related or not) to be seen by folks here at HubSpot.

Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Drew,

I’m not aware of any plans to add support for pulling an avatar’s profile image. If you have the inclination, I would encourage you to check out the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community. There, you can create a post including your use case that product and other customers can see.

eric1

SOLVE

Surely this can be added pretty easy. I'd imagine it's a small code change on Hubspot's side. My only alternative is to start scraping hubspot's pages and get the content that I need.

Also, @Derek_Gervais, while I appreciate your help on these developer forums, redirecting developers to the community forums is a bit condescending. That forum is for all hubspot users and there's no way general hubspot users will care about what's included in the API. I really wish more internal Hubspot developers were actually active on these forums because it seems like a lot of things that are needed for 3rd party integrations go largely ignored.

Drew4

SOLVE

Hello HubSpot team,

Curious if adding support for a company/contact avatarUrl in the API is still on the roadmap? Would love to be able to access their logos. @dadams

Thanks,
Drew

asinsa

SOLVE

Hi @dadams,

Is this feature available now?

Dadams
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @clintonskakun

The avatar isn’t currently included in the API response, but it’s something that we’ll likely include in the future.

MW31
Participant

SOLVE

It's been almost 7 years.
are there any updates?

SkylerReeves
Participant

SOLVE

One can hope within the decade.

0 Upvotes
Not applicable

SOLVE

That’s good to know. Not a critical part of my integration but gets important to some extent. Anyways, got to work with what you got.

Thanks for the response