APIs & Integrations

collizo4sky
メンバー

How do I create and send emails to a contact list using the api?

I want to create a marketing email and send it to a contact list using the API as though I created and sent it to a list via the UI.

From my research, it's only possible to create the emails but no way to send to a contact list.

Correct me i

0 いいね!
6件の返信
jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @collizo4sky,

That is correct.  Our Marketing Email APIs only support  Getting, Creating, Updating, Deleting emails at present. If you wish to send emails programmatically we do offer a Single Send API that is part of our Transactional Email API. However in order to use this API you would require the Transactional Email Add-on.

Regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn
collizo4sky
メンバー

MailChimp, AWeber, MailerLite, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor to mention a few has support for sending email via the API.

I scan through this forum and this question has been asked a lot.

Any plans to allow sending email via API?

0 いいね!
jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @collizo4sky,

I agree with you entirely. I've worked on our services team helping customers implement HubSpot for the past 3 years and this does come up a lot.  Our team is actively aware of this and I can say that we're looking at introducing this type of functionality into our Marketing Emails API. However I can't provide an ETA on this.

So in short it is technically possible to publish emails via the API but this is part of our single send API which requires our transactional email add on to access.  We're actively looking at introducing similar functionality into our Marketing email APIs.

Regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
0 いいね!
collizo4sky
メンバー

The single send API is for sending transactional email which won't work for us.

I'll appreciate if this is prioritize by your API dev team.

Thanks.

0 いいね!
jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @collizo4sky,

Thanks for getting back to me on the above.

I should have gone into more depth with regards the single send functionality. The single send api is not reserved for transactional email. It is entirely possible to set it up to include marketing emails. It is just that it requires transactional email in order to access.

For example its possible to create an email from within the hubspot UI, set a subscription type and enable footer information for unsubscribes and save for single send.

If you attempt to send an email to a contact that is unsubscribed the email wont be sent and an error message will be returned.

I'll of course ensure appropriate team are aware of your issues. They are already actively working on functionality like this.

Regards,
Jack
Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
0 いいね!
collizo4sky
メンバー

I totally understand that part of the API. What it doesn't do AFAIK is send to a contact list.

It can only work if you have the contact(s) email address(es). But what I want is to be able to specify say the list ID(s) to send a marketing email to.

In a higher lever, I want to do something like: Hey API, here's an email I want you to send to all contact in this list.

I hope that further clarifies my use case.

0 いいね!