APIs & Integrations

mohammadwahid-e

How can I send my custom email to a contact list using API?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @mohammadwahid-e,

You can find the documentation here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-to-use-transactional-email-in-hubspot#send-a-transactional-e...

This requires the transactional email add-on if I'm not mistaken: "Transactional email sent using the SMTP API is automatically triggered by specific criteria, like making a purchase on an e-commerce website. This API integrates with any internal or third-party systems to both trigger the email and incorporate data stored outside of HubSpot (e.g. shipping info or purchase price). The email is sent from your system, but is wrapped with HubSpot tracking codes that allow full engagement tracking and measurement."

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

mohammadwahid-e

Thank you @karstenkoehler for your response. Actually I wanted to know the actual process. From the legacy documentation I understand that, I can create marketing email using API but the email stay as draft. Is it directly senable to contact list? Or do I have to use single-send-api for sending the drafted email? Maybe for using the single-send-api, I need transactional-email permission. But I faced the following issue when I went for the permissing.

1. Private App: Scope (transactional-email) is unavailable for this account. (I have super admin permission).
  2. OAuth 2.0: This account doesn't have access to some HubSpot features that are required by this app. Please contact the app developer. (without transactional-email feature, it works).

Do you have any solution? Thank you!

0 Upvotes